Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I am going to get shot........

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> I am going to get shot........ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 2:02:47 AM   
resinslinger

I have just had the game a little over three or four days now, and already I'm wondering why some weapon systems were left out. Rick just suggested that I download the program that would allow me to modify the units to include some of the weapon systems not included in PCO. I did, and began looking through the units. Much to my surprise, no AA guns of any kind. Now I know that only so much can be included in a game, but it would seem to me that these important weapon systems should have been included. Maybe not to shoot down enemy air assets, but they sure would play hell with enemy soft targets and some armored ones as well. Yes, I know that the 88mm Flak/36 is included but there are so many more that I feel should be included in an expansion set for the game. I'm sure it would not be too hard to do, with the exception of the graphics. So if any of the designers would like me to do the necessary research, I'll be more than glad to do so for such an expansion. Thanks all. Chris.
Post #: 1
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 6:24:57 AM   
Mobius

We can do single flak guns. A single mount 20mm. An AT gun with a 20mm would be good against infantry but would be tank meat. Or a flak panzer with a auto 37mm. But we don't have a way to handle the volume of fire from multiple guns in a single mount.

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 2
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 11:48:52 AM   
resinslinger

Mobius. So, in order to include the mutiple gun tube weapon systems such as the Wirblewind or the quad 20mm ground mount unit, you would have to do a major rewrite of the game code? What a shame, because those units could cause some serious damage or at least keep the units pinned down or suppressed. I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination and I get carried away with what I'd like to see in the way of weapon systems. I must say that even without these units, or some of the other units that I have suggested, that this PCO is by far one of the best tactical level games that I have played. I tip my hat to you and the rest of the design team. If you ever need any help in the way of a research volunteer, just ask. Thanks. Chris.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 1:38:09 PM   
Mobius

It wouldn't have to be a major rewrite but it would take more programming to add a multi-barrel tag and handle the multiple number of hits and ammo consumption.
But first I would have to work out the probability to-hit numbers and apply a multiple number of hits based on range.

There are more important things for the programmer to spend his time on than this. If we had an AA vs aircraft system it might all be sewed into a complete system, But that is over the horizon.

Post #: 4
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 1:48:11 PM   
resinslinger

Mobius. Please don't get me wrong. We, those that play your games or those by other companies, are always wanting more. We don't take into account what the programmers have to do in order to get these games working and to the market. I for one hold the deepest respect for those of you that are professional programmers and appreciate all the hard work that you have done, are doing, and will be doing. Just because me or someone else adds another item to the "Wish List" does not mean that we want it done now, just asking if it could be added at a later date. If I could do the necessary programming and the necessary mods (including the graphics), I would start working on it today for you. Again, I do appreciate all the hard work that you and the others have put into this game. I will be playing PCO and any future games in the series for many, many years. Chris.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 5
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 8:17:46 PM   
Mobius

I've played WWII armor miniature games for years and Ostwinds and Wirblewinds have to have a very select scenario or it doesn't end well for them. So there isn't much you can do with them on the front line. It's like taking a knife to a gun fight. Some flak unit being overrun by Soviet light tanks and halftracks might be the only interesting scenario I can come up with.

Post #: 6
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/27/2011 11:34:49 PM   
resinslinger

Same here Mobius and I know that like any wargamer, that you did hours and hours of research (like me) when you played those miniature games. Yes, the AA and SPAA guns were not a front line unit, but they found themselves in that situation on more than one occasion. Not trying to be argumentative with you, you are the progammer/designer and if you say they won't be in the games...well then that is what we should expect. Still, one of the best games on the market. Hope to see more in the future. Thanks. Chris.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 7
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/28/2011 1:23:46 AM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

Same here Mobius and I know that like any wargamer, that you did hours and hours of research (like me) when you played those miniature games. Yes, the AA and SPAA guns were not a front line unit, but they found themselves in that situation on more than one occasion. Not trying to be argumentative with you, you are the progammer/designer and if you say they won't be in the games...well then that is what we should expect. Still, one of the best games on the market. Hope to see more in the future. Thanks. Chris.

I'm more like a design/researcher. And I do the math behind the data. We have had several programmers (not me).

Post #: 8
RE: I am going to get shot........ - 10/28/2011 10:52:22 AM   
resinslinger

In my business I am the main researcher, designer, master model maker, and handle all production operations. My business has nothing to do with wargames. If you would like to see what we do, visit my website at www.topendminiatures.com. Chris.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> I am going to get shot........ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI