No PP's Being Generated

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

danf@dataforge.on.ca

No PP's Being Generated

Post by danf@dataforge.on.ca »

Hi All,

In a great multiplayer game I have going with 3 guys, I am producing 100+ PP's per turn, but for the last 3 turns or so I don't get any at all. I took my PP's all the way to 0 one round, then they never seemed to come back. Am I screwed? :-).

ps; I will still fight to the death!
--
Dan Forsyth
82ndtrooper

RE: No PP's Being Generated

Post by 82ndtrooper »

Hi
I would double check that the production centers have a HQ set. maybe click on them and see if the PP is stocking up inside them instead of being delivered
HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
Josh

Post by Josh »

Exactly what 82nd says, check your production. It *is* possible that your PP tab says 100+ production, but it's quite possible that that is only one or more PP production lines that "build up" because they can't "deliver" their PP's to their designated HQ. Sometimes the map is too big, or your opponent has cut your lines, to deliver your produced PP's to their designated HQ's.
To circumvent this problem, and this counts also for other things produced and not delivered, create a new HQ in that city, and set that city to produce it's PP's (or whatever you're producing there) to that new HQ. Heck, the new HQ doesn't even need staff! [:D] Just an empty HQ unit suffices. The PP's created there go directly into the PP pool. Not so with newly produced Inf/tanks/planes, *they* go to that newly created HQ, but I'd rather have that than a huge build up that never arrives at your SHQ. Don't forget, you'll lose that production line / PP buildup when your opponent takes that city.

Hope that helps kick some butt LOL
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

This topic begs to be illustrated diagramatically.

Does anyone else think that HQs would be better named "nodes in the logistics chain"?

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”