Hi Iain and thanks for the reply.
Let me come back to you on a few points:
1. I would not expect native-speaker voice-overs for all nations that participated in the war, but I think I can be forgiven for expecting Polish units to be, well, Polish! It is obvious that the 'Polish' units featured in a single scenario are exactly the same as other US/UK units that appear throughout the game--the only difference is the addition of a Polish flag.
2. The voices used for the 'Polish' troops are not in any sense an 'approximation' of Polish, they are the same US/UK voices used elsewhere. The game does feature French and German voices, and this serves only to highlight the 'Polish' units' lack of authenticity.
3. True, Polish troops serving with the Western Allies used British kit, but the point I am trying to make is that the marketing blurb gives the impression that Polish Army units are featured. Why do I say this? Because the marketing blurb states: "Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles . . ." In other words, I was fully expecting a 1939 Polish campaign in the game. Not unreasonable, given the marketing spiel.
4. You invite me to complain to the BBC but I really cannot see why! The offending marketing blurb is featured on the Slitherine/Matrix websites, and I bought the game through Matrix. Why on earth would I want to complain to the BBC?
5. I would argue that 'everything' is not 'appropriate'! Specifically, your marketing of the game is not appropriate, as it gives every impression of featuring Polish units when, in reality, the only Polish thing in the game is the national flag.
I do think think you can contradict my reasonable observations without losing further credibility. Please do the decent thing and admit that the marketing is, at best, misleading.
As previously mentioned, I bought the game on the strength of the Polish 'angle'. After all, the marketing blurb clearly states: "Control British, US, Polish, Canadian forces in 3 epic campaigns covering more than 30 varied battles . . ." But when I played the game I could find no trace of any Polish units! I had to access this forum in order to learn that 'Polish' forces appear in a single scenario (not an 'epic campaign' as the blurb would suggest). And what of these 'Polish' units? They're exactly the same as the US/UK units but with the addition of a Polish flag. Given these circumstances I think I can be forgiven for feeling aggrieved.
Finally, as a customer, you should be listening to my concerns with a sympathetic ear, not passing me on to the BBC! You would gain my respect if you could bring yourself to admit that, on this occasion, your marketing is misleading.
< Message edited by Javolenus -- 10/23/2011 10:30:18 PM >