Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So how is this game ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: So how is this game ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So how is this game ? - 1/9/2012 8:12:39 AM   
Anguille

Great report!

Armada 2526 Supernova and Distant Worlds - Legends: the ultimate space strategy games are HERE in the Matrix

Pushing it to the limits: an Armada 2526 AAR

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 31
RE: So how is this game ? - 1/16/2012 8:16:45 AM   
lion_of_judah

game is alright, wish they would expand on this game with patch upgrades instead of expansions which cost more money....

(in reply to Bozz)
Post #: 32
RE: So how is this game ? - 1/16/2012 11:25:28 AM   
martok

Have you updated to 1.4?  Or any of the patches at all?  There's been quite a bit of content added in the various udpates since Supernova was released. 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 33
RE: So how is this game ? - 1/20/2012 3:41:10 PM   
Blueberry

I also had an exciting moment the other day. My mother-in-law said she would visit her daughter (my house!) and the grandkids and would actually stay with us for the whole week. Then she called and said that she is planning on visiting her second daughter. Heard that poor husband of hers tried to kill himself as he was 'presented' with the news.

cpdeyoung is right, of course. This game, indeed, bring many exciting moments and I'd advise any self-respecting 4x strategy gamer to go and purchase the thing together with the expansion. It's worth it.

< Message edited by Blueberry -- 1/20/2012 3:43:16 PM >

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 34
RE: So how is this game ? - 2/2/2012 8:42:03 AM   
lion_of_judah

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

Have you updated to 1.4?  Or any of the patches at all?  There's been quite a bit of content added in the various udpates since Supernova was released. 

I do have the latest patch and it is ok. haven't played this game in months until just this past weekend but i still do not have the expansions, just cannot see it being worth the money.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 35
RE: So how is this game ? - 2/3/2012 1:11:21 AM   
rosseau

To some extent, it takes time to discover all this stuff, and I have not put the time into it yet. But yes, so much better than the original release all around.

Post #: 36
RE: So how is this game ? - 2/5/2012 4:37:36 AM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

I do have the latest patch and it is ok. haven't played this game in months until just this past weekend but i still do not have the expansions, just cannot see it being worth the money.

To each his own. Personally, I find Supernova improves the original game so much that I honestly can't imagine playing without it now (and I know that's the case for lots of other folks as well), but obviously everyone's mileage will vary.

Something to also consider is that you could probably pick up the expansion for pretty cheap on other sites. (Sorry Matrix, but your prices are more expensive!) I know GamersGate sells it for $9.95, for instance...and at that price, I really do feel you would find it to be worth the money. Just my two cents (no pun intended!).

Post #: 37
RE: So how is this game ? - 12/31/2012 10:11:04 AM   
Byeohazard

Enjoying this game alot. It reminds me of Moo2 in some ways, is pretty easy to sink your teeth into (dont understand everything but concepts are comming fairly quickly.... I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed). I like the "feel and pace of the game...it gives me a chance to view the landscape, think and execute without feeling hectic. Music is subjective but I like it. Im very happy with the game thus far although I have not experienced much with the real time battles..from what I have seen with the battles so far it is evedent that It will take some getting use to. I know with the Total War games I enjoyed the build up and strategic map more than the battles...might be the same with this game.

currently playing: Panzer Corps
learning Distant Worlds

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 38
RE: So how is this game ? - 12/31/2012 3:17:05 PM   
martok

Ah, another convert.

Sounds like your experience with Armada so far has largely mirrored my own. I think that the game being relatively easy to learn how to play (but without sacrificing depth) is one of its greatest strengths.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Byeohazard

Im very happy with the game thus far although I have not experienced much with the real time battles..from what I have seen with the battles so far it is evedent that It will take some getting use to. I know with the Total War games I enjoyed the build up and strategic map more than the battles...might be the same with this game.

Unfortunately, you may very well find the battles a little disappointing. It's probably the game's single biggest weakness, at least among the majority of players out there. It's good in concept, but doesn't work out so well in execution.

(in reply to Byeohazard)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: So how is this game ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI