Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question re Recce units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Question re Recce units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question re Recce units - 10/17/2011 3:12:21 PM   
pcelt

If you send Recce units forward with an "Avoid" command are they able to show up the position of enemy units without necessarily becoming involved in combat themselves.
And in more general terms what are the best ways of using such units to spot the enemy without paying the price of an early demise.
I have always found in all these sorts of games that using Recce productively and keeping them alive is one of rthe most difficult of tactics----any advice from experienced cavalry officers would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Question re Recce units - 10/17/2011 3:29:56 PM   
simovitch

Try setting Low aggro, ROF and losses. That way it won't fire when it runs into something scary, and you should get a warning if it is in danger of taking losses.

simovitch

(in reply to pcelt)
Post #: 2
RE: Question re Recce units - 10/17/2011 3:38:08 PM   
pcelt

Thanks for speedy response--and the advice re the other settings looks very helpful.
Cheers

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Question re Recce units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI