Auto sub ops - how do you manage to get them back under yours!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cavalry Corp

Auto sub ops - how do you manage to get them back under yours!

Post by Cavalry Corp »

I have taken over a PBEM as Japs March 42

Auto subs is on. Why can it not be turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question is will subs leave port on silly missions with damage, do I have to track them all down ( as i have ) an switch them to human control.

Can the computer only take them back when disbanded in a port. Is there anyway of stopping them leaving port like putting them in the shipyards!!!

For the life of me i cannot belive how stupid the deployment of the Jap subs was - half of them in defensive waters or trying to break into Canada - another tick against AI play...

Cav
SgtSwanson

RE: Auto sub ops - how do you manage to get them back under yours!

Post by SgtSwanson »

The Jap player has to turn the switch to "off" during his turn before he sends it to the Allied player. This is for any of those controls.
Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

You can also go to each sub and turn the control from Computer to Human. This is very useful as I use a combination of computer controlled subs and ones I manage myself.

The switch is just a method to change all the subs to computer or human control all at once. Once you manaully chnage a sub the switch setting will no longer matter.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Oh thats great news and thanks
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

tm.asp?m=2919956

This was discussed just a week or so ago in the link above.

The Jap player has to turn the switch to "off" during his turn before he sends it to the Allied player. This is for any of those controls.
This is a PBEM - you don't have the ability to change this as the Japanese player (or Allied player, for that matter) - you're stuck with it.
SgtSwanson

Post by SgtSwanson »

This game has been out for over 2 years now, and this just pops up??? And the fact that the Jap player has allways had control over this stuff has been hard coded into the game since it's initial release back in '04 makes me believe you need to go back and check again. It's just like the combat summeries, witch BTW I had BOTH of my opponents turn ON while we are in the middle of a game.
Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Sub Ops aren't the same as Combat Summaries. Hard to change something when you have no actual switch available.

You are correct that this hasn't changed since original WitP. It worked the same way there, too. If you don't believe it, try it for yourself.

Attachments
PBEMswitches.jpg
PBEMswitches.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

The switch is there before you load the turn , I think I turned it off ok ?? After the replay i think you get the options in your screen shot.

Cav
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

It is a pain but not hard to get a grip on. Once a week go to your TF screen and sort by type of control. Select the few subs that are under computer control and change them to human and set their patrol zone. They will not revert unless you return them to a major port and disband them, so it is not a big problem. A weekly check will catch and newly assigned subs before they go too far.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Charbroiled

Post by Charbroiled »

It isn't as major of a deal as it first seems. The computer will only send subs automatically if the sub is in port.....so, don't put it in port.

Play careful attention of when you receive subs as reinforcements. When you receive sub reinforcements, immediately put those subs in TFs.

When you "need" to put a sub into port because of damage, make sure that it is assigned to either a shipyard, pier or repair ship the same turn that you put the sub in port.

When you need to put a sub into port because of an upgrade, make sure the sub has damage first so that you can assign it to shipyard, pier, or repair ship the same turn you disband it into port. If the sub is undamaged, assign it to patrol around the base you are going to upgrade it in for awhile. If you set the speed to "fast" it will become damaged faster. As soon as it has 1 point of any type of damage, you can put it under repair. While it is under repair, it will upgrade. I usually like to insure it has either engine damage or 3-4 sys damage. 1 or 2 points of sys damage might get repair on it' way back to port and you will need to send it back out again.

Pay attention to when those repaired subs are fixed. As soon as they are fixed, put them in a TF and the computer will not be able to take control.

Check the sub list as mentioned every few turns and check to see if a sub or two slipped through.

If you follow these rules, you will have very little problems with the computer taking over your subs.
"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

OK and thanks

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”