The game crashes on startup, and when I start a Campaign.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
St1gar

The game crashes on startup, and when I start a Campaign.

Post by St1gar »

The title really says it all. Whenever I boot up the game, there's a seemingly random chance it'll crash to desktop before even showing the intro. And when I actually do manage to get the game to start, it will crash when I try to start some of the "Campaigns". It seems willing to let me play most "Operations" and individual battles, though - perhaps the bug only comes into effect when the game has to show an intro-video? (Pure speculation.)

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with two Radeon HD 6990s in CrossFire, (Although I need to have "CrossFireX" disabled when I play the game, otherwise all game movement becomes all jerky and laggy.) 6 GB of RAM and an Intel Core-i7 950 CPU.

I have the latest graphics-drivers.

I pressed "Check for Update" on the startup-menu, and it informed me I have the latest version of the game.

Please help.

*EDIT*

Whoa. I just tried to start the battle "Irish Guard vs. KG. Walther", and the resolution was all weird even though it was fine in the tutorial-battles. Matrix Games, what the hell is wrong with your game?

*Double EDIT*

Now I tried starting another battle, and the resolution was just fine, there. What the hell is going on?
RD Oddball

RE: The game crashes on startup, and when I start a Campaign.

Post by RD Oddball »

It really sounds like a graphics card driver issue. I know you said you've updated to the latest drivers but given the game is a constant and the issues are related to what you're seeing on the screen it's like the graphics card is the issue. The fact that you have found that turning off CrossFireX helps that confirms the suspicions. When we've seen these issues in the recent past the problems clear up when the manufacturer releases a new driver.

On the crash, I'd say you're right that the video drivers are presenting problems for you. When you launch the game try depressing CTRL immediately after launching. You should be able to access the options menu by doing this. Turn off videos and let us know if that fixes the problem for you.
ahakkil

Post by ahakkil »

I thought I'd mention that I had this problem and solved it by disabling videos by pressing ctrl when game starts as suggested above. Is this really a graphics card issue?

I have Windows 7 32-bit, ATI Radeon X600, if that makes any difference.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for the extra informaiton. The crash is certainly a video playback issue -- the fact that it only happens in a few cases leads me to believe it is some relatively obscure combination of hardware and drivers that does not play well with the way we plays videos.

Return to “Tech Support”