Crash! Wacht am Rhein 4.50.14

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
aaaaburn

Crash! Wacht am Rhein 4.50.14

Post by aaaaburn »

I am playing CC Wacht am Rhein 4.50.14 and these are serious bugs that I did not see on other threads.
1. Crash. Game freezes then crashes after I finish battling the USA at Troisverges. Then the saved game that I used to play gets deleted by the game. Im using 4.50.14 and its day 6 turn2

----This makes the game unplayable!

2. Sometimes tanks move diagonally.

aaaaburn

RE: Crash! Wacht am Rhein 4.50.14

Post by aaaaburn »

Should be a saved game to test.
Attachments
GoodSave.zip
(165.84 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
aaaaburn

Post by aaaaburn »

Seems to work now. I might have clicked on some unit exactly as the timer went to zero which caused the crash. Its never happened on battles before and now I was able to advance to Day7 turn1.

Thanks anyway
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

There was an end of battle crash reported previously that will be addressed by the next update. Our developer suspects the root cause that was addressed is the same cause for the duplicate reports we've received since the first report. FYI - just because you've not seen it again doesn't mean it went away. It's likely still there it's just a very specific set of circumstances that cause the crash. Thanks for reporting.

ORIGINAL: aaaaburn

2. Sometimes tanks move diagonally.

I'm interested in knowing more about this item. Is this something you see often? If so can you somehow show us what it's doing or explain how to replicate it so we can check it? If you don't have a video capture prog already (don't get one just for this) maybe a quick succession of screenshots strung together into an animation would demonstrate the movement vs. tank graphic orientation. it wouldn't take many screenshots to get the gist of what's happening. I just want to understand what you mean in case it's something we need to address. Do you recall what was happening when you saw it? Any info you can provide will help us to replicate it. Specific unit, what else was going on, what battlegroups were involved, the map it was on, etc. Thanks.
aaaaburn

Post by aaaaburn »

1. Thanks for the info and update that this bug is known.

2. I have only seen the diagonal bug a few times. I first saw it playing against USA on the Meyerode map. I sent my KG Telcamp tank procession from the bottom right hand corner road and right where it opened up from trees, the USA knocked out my front tanks. I hit the closest US Hellcat but didnt knock it out. The Hellcat moved diagonally to fit between my wrecked tanks.

I will try to capture future diagonal events using your suggestions.

Thanks much.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

Thanks aaaaburn. Please do try to capture it if you see it again. Thanks!
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Any update on a fix Matrix???

This should be considered a show stopper as people can not play Campaigns or Operations without at some point losing their saved games....
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Not at this time. As soon as there is new information on the update I will post it here.
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Having purchased WAR on it's original release date and been a fan of CC since CCIV I find this response to be totally unacceptable.

1)I'm disappointed in myself for dropping out on the the original Beta testers after COI (My names in the credits even though I protested that it shouldn't have been.)
I feel there was not enough testing (If any) for WAR and the game was released prematurely.There is no way shape or form all the bugs I and other fans like me have posted could have gone unnoticed had the game been properly tested by "Playing the Beta".

It's high time this version gets a proper fix.
It's also worth stating that WAR should receive something extra in the way editing abilities that no other release has to compensate the long list of changes that have been made and still need to be made.

As luck would have it I do have such a list of editable features at hand.

berndn

Post by berndn »

I notice this copy and paste info about the latest requests to fix the existing errors from Steve:
ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Not at this time. As soon as there is new information on the update I will post it here.
ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael

Having purchased WAR on it's original release date and been a fan of CC since CCIV I find this response to be totally unacceptable.

1)I'm disappointed in myself for dropping out on the the original Beta testers after COI (My names in the credits even though I protested that it shouldn't have been.)
I feel there was not enough testing (If any) for WAR and the game was released prematurely.There is no way shape or form all the bugs I and other fans like me have posted could have gone unnoticed had the game been properly tested by "Playing the Beta".

It's high time this version gets a proper fix.
It's also worth stating that WAR should receive something extra in the way editing abilities that no other release has to compensate the long list of changes that have been made and still need to be made.

As luck would have it I do have such a list of editable features at hand.

I feel a little bit the same like Platoon_Michael for different reasons. I would like to add that some more information about a time frame or some alpha versions would be welcome. For WaR, TLD and LSA I have no real problem if when an error is found a new alpha would be released soon.

Or is there some new game and you don't have the resources which of course would be worth to mention. I sense that some would be saying that you need to fix the re-releases first but at last giving some information would help a lot. IMHO [;)]
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

from 12/12/2011
There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Regards,

- Erik

Could this be a patch or a new game?

A new game would mean a long development time and then a roll out of beta patches over the following 2 -3 years : given the last 2 years performance.

A beta patch for the existing games will mean long slow development time with players unable to continue Campaigns as they will need re-starting. : given the last 2 years performance.

Neither prospect is particularly exciting is it?
ImageImage
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

There is no way shape or form all the bugs I and other fans like me have posted

All bugs reported where due to be fixed in March 2009.

matrix were not interested so the 4.50.07b (hence the  b) semi patch was released which did not include over 3 months of bug fixes that had been tested exhaustively.

ImageImage
Ken Estes

Post by Ken Estes »

I am also using 4.50.14 and just now had this crash at end of day 10 or 11 at Hosingen with 502/101st vs AI/some armored KG. It was a timed out [15 min] battle and the last one of the day, maybe significant. I have played this game several times [maybe 10] to the end of the grand campaign and never saw it happen before. It is made more difficult to deal with because it wipes the save and to combat this you have to manually type in an alternate named game save in order to keep going and have at least one recent fall-back day saved.

While I understand the frustration of all concerned, for my money I have found that Matrix rocks. I participated in a two different beta testing efforts back in the dark ages of the 90s and witnessed totally inadequate games go gold to total failure and abysmal reviews. That company of course no longer exists.

I have played CC since CC2 and helped MS in its beta.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

You need to update to CC-WachtamRhein-Update-v45015b; tm.asp?m=3060834

Return to “Tech Support”