Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Grey Screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Grey Screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Grey Screen - 10/10/2011 6:28:33 PM   
rebelmswar

Every time I get half way or so into a battle in this game, my screen goes completely grey. I can hear things still happening yet I can not even Ctl Alt Del out of it, nor does the Windows button work.

I have updated my graphic card driver, installed the patch for the game, installed all updates for windows and shouted a bunch but nothing seems to work.

Is there a soloution to this problem?

Sorry needed to add, no mods or anything similar.

Running Windows 7.

< Message edited by rebelmswar -- 10/10/2011 6:40:28 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Grey Screen - 1/3/2012 5:29:31 PM   
MBalbo

Hi all,
I see this was posted in October 2011, and no response. Anyway...I was given this game as a gift and installed it a few days ago. I have the same issue...a grey screen. It has happened when I hosted a campaign or when I was a visitor. It did not seem to matter what stage of the battle..sometimes it would happen after the game loaded up and I was moving my troops around. A few times I was able to get into the start of the battle and then it would happen. I have the newest patches for my video card. I have a Nvdia GT220. Just to let you know, of all the games I play...this grey screen issue is with Arnhem only. I have never seen this issue with Paradox games, AGEOD as well as well as previous CC games. I have never had this happen before on any programs on my PC in fact. This is a bit strange. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks...

(in reply to rebelmswar)
Post #: 2
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 7:10:16 AM   
Andrew Williams

Yeh...not much support currently... mainly because very few people know how it is supposed to work... all hush hush these days.

(in reply to MBalbo)
Post #: 3
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 5:08:04 PM   
MBalbo

Thanks for your comment...

Meanwhile in playing the game solo the same thing happens. It is triggered I believe, so far as by my tests show, when I move the mouse. I have the game running a battle is starting..and then I click and move some squads...and after a minute or so..when I move the mouse again..poof..the gray screen pops up. The game is still running..but not seen anymore.

I am surprised by the lack of comments for support.

Anyway...will continue to see on my own how I can resolve this.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 4
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 7:01:57 PM   
Tejszd

Given that you still hear the sounds the game is still running which points to Direct X and or your video card drivers. go to the direct X website to install the latest version of Direct X and then check your video card drivers. You may even have to downgrade the video card driver version....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 1/7/2012 7:02:21 PM >

(in reply to MBalbo)
Post #: 5
RE: Grey Screen - 1/7/2012 8:15:24 PM   
MBalbo

Hello...many thanks...I had installed a new driver for the video card but then discovered a newer one... Installed it and so far no more problems... Many Thanks..

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Grey Screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI