Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Long time forum members and PacWar versions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Long time forum members and PacWar versions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/10/2011 4:58:59 PM   
Ranger-75

Who is still around from 5-6 years ago? Ir remember Cpt Harlock - from his avatar.

Also where are the various Matrix versions stored and what were the major changes to each?

I remember not going to a version since the LSTs were removed. Then they re-appeared as AKAs, but those were two different ship types, and the BS about them not being ocean going was a load of it.

I don't if anyone else saw this but a group of WW2 LST vets located an LST in Greece -were able to obtain it, fixed it up and sailed it back to the US east coast! 60 years later!!!

Well, hi to everyone, i'll have to refresh myself on the rules to this time eater once again!

Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...
Post #: 1
RE: Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/10/2011 8:44:50 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

Also where are the various Matrix versions stored and what were the major changes to each?

Only V 3.2 (the latest) is available from Matrix, and it is not a complete download. (Short on documentation files.) The earlier versions, if not extinct, are in the hands of private collectors such as myself. (I have 2.3 and 3.0.) Unfortunately, several of the private PacWar web pages have also disappeared, probably due to web hosting issues.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Ranger-75)
Post #: 2
RE: Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/11/2011 12:48:40 AM   
Ranger-75

I think I have 2.2 2.3, 3.0 and 3.1.Can't remember which one i used the most, I'll look it up tonight or tomorrow - have to drive back to HQ this evening.  I'm willing to share these if there is a need / desire.

Still playing PacWar (but no so much anymore)...

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3
RE: Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/12/2011 6:29:17 PM   
orabera

I have 1.2 if anyone is looking to go back that far.

(in reply to Ranger-75)
Post #: 4
RE: Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/13/2011 12:51:12 AM   
Skipjack_

I still play - their is no substitute for Pacwar. Although the computer is dull - Max Help Japanese just gives them gigantic amounts of oil

(in reply to orabera)
Post #: 5
RE: Long time forum members and PacWar versions - 10/13/2011 5:15:01 PM   
bradk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skipjack_

I still play - their is no substitute for Pacwar. Although the computer is dull - Max Help Japanese just gives them gigantic amounts of oil

Matrix has made the following statements concerning AI

1) AI "cheats" removed

2) All scenarios should be played with max help for AI.

Help for AI is standard gaming practice. But not Matrix practice. Statement 2) should have been a wakeup call that the concept of statement 1) was wrong. Not.

For those interested in playing against AI, I recommend one of the SSI versions, available for download from abandonware sites. It would be easy enough to edit in the vastly superior Matrix aircraft performance data into the SSI scenario files. I might even do it and make files available should enough people be interested. Will have to wait until completion of my current project though.

Right now, I'm working on transferring the data from the successful SSI flavored Tora scenario into other scenarios. These scnearios are intended for PBEM only. No concesions to make them playable against AI.

(in reply to Skipjack_)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Long time forum members and PacWar versions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI