Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplay AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> After Action Reports >> Multiplay AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplay AAR - 10/8/2011 10:05:59 PM   
sweeteye

Started a multiplayer game with 7th Cav. Trying out The Battle of Nancy with 7th as the U.S. and myself as the Germans.Not much to report just yet as we are just beginning to make contact with each others units. Have to show screen shots that will not give away our overall positions.

Probing the road to the west of Pont-a-Mousson and Dieulouard with a company from the 92 Flieger hoping to discover about where the U.S advance is at.

Finally,I see a U.S. position in the north down the road east of Bernecourt and Flirey.

Also to the south of Toul I am starting to see the first U.S. units.

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 10/9/2011 1:56:52 AM >

Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

Post #: 1
RE: Multiplay AAR - 10/9/2011 12:20:27 AM   
Arjuna

sweeteye,

How about a little bit of descriptive text describing what has just happened or is happening or is about to happen with each screen shot?

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiplay AAR - 10/9/2011 12:28:24 AM   
sweeteye

Will do Arjuna....Did not know what to say about what happened so far.We spent the first session of about three hours just issuing orders and waiting on the clock to make its way towards morning.Having a little bit of a problem with lag/synchronization which ended our first session.Will be more descriptive about whats going on as the game picks up..Also,as the game progresses 7thcavs' comments should help to make this more interesting.Going to go for another round tomorrow.........I do see one problem with using screenshots to report with unless the jump map in the top left corner can be turned off..,,,,,Will have to crop the screen shots as needed.....

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 10/9/2011 2:10:17 AM >

Headquarters Company

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiplay AAR - 10/10/2011 3:23:50 AM   
sweeteye

Had to put our sessions on hold today. Have to resolve a synchronization issue.

Headquarters Company

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiplay AAR - 10/15/2011 8:18:17 PM   
sweeteye

Started a new game with 7thcav.The game is going well this time and we are having no synchronization problem.We decided to play a mini scenario,The Toul Bridgehead version 4, which will be much easier to finish in a short period of time.We made it through most of the first day and should finish the game in one more session.7thcav is playing as U.S. and myself as the Germans.

Positions at 05:53.Since it is such a small scenario there is not really a whole lot of possibilities for movement.Very straight forward overall.I must attempt to hold the bridges over the Moselle near Toul and the railroad bridges on the northern shoulder of the salient and most importantly hold two positions in the center of the salient.

06:30...I am trying to attempt to suppress the U.S. advance with artillery fire and at the same time am taking incoming artillery fire from the U.S. My fire is somewhat effective in slowing the U.S. advance.

12:54..My companies near the Toul bridges have been driven back and U.S. units are slowly starting to make their way across the Moselle.

15:16...American units are closing in on the railroad bridges on the northern shoulder. I am attempting to send down some reinforcements but they are suppressed by artillery fire.

16:36...Many more American units have crossed the Moselle near Toul and are gradually making their way towards secondary objective one.My artillery is slowing them a little but not enough overall.

21:19....Nearing dark now...things will be slowing down now until the early morning hours.The hours between 4 AM and Noon on the second day will be critical as the U.S. should have just enough time to take secondary objective one and two and possibly the primary objective in the middle of the salient.We have decided to break for a while and will conclude the game perhaps this evening or tomorrow. It is nice using skype to converse with each other as it livens things up and helps with coordinating the game.I am really thinking about setting up a Teamspeak server for BFTB although skype my be sufficient.The last two screens are of the positions at our break.

21:19

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 10/16/2011 12:59:54 AM >

Headquarters Company

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiplay AAR - 10/18/2011 12:52:10 PM   
sweeteye

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to finish the scenario due to a saved file that seems to be corrupted.The saved file is causing an immediate synchronization error.We tested a couple of new games and had no synchronization errors even after saving the files.Not sure what happened to the saved game file....guess it was just bad luck.We will start over again...perhaps try a different scenario.

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 10/18/2011 12:55:24 PM >

Headquarters Company

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiplay AAR - 3/16/2012 7:40:49 AM   
rfrizz

This is more than a little late, but if your opponent had seen these, s/he would have gained valuable intel.

But hey! If we ever play each other H2H, post allllll the screenshots you want!

(in reply to sweeteye)
Post #: 7
RE: Multiplay AAR - 3/16/2012 11:56:59 AM   
sweeteye

I seriously doubt it would make a whole friggin lot of difference.

Furthermore I considered it a M.P. test play and giving away any of my units positions\types was a very minor consideration.
I did make an effort to not give away any of my major movements.

As I said before,even if it was a "serious game" I really do not think it would make a drastic difference in the outcome...

< Message edited by sweeteye -- 3/16/2012 3:52:58 PM >

Headquarters Company

(in reply to rfrizz)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> After Action Reports >> Multiplay AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI