How do i make the AI stop!!!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jakla1027

How do i make the AI stop!!!

Post by jakla1027 »

Hello, I'll get right to the point,

I've been trying to play the 006 Dec. 8th GC as the Allies vs the Ai. I've started the campaign about three times now, and in each attempt at the GC when i get to between May 10-20 of 1942 the Japanese AI sends a very large (4-7 carriers) Carrier TF down to Brisbane & Sydney and raids those two cities. Thier is also an accompaning Surface Combat task fore with the Carrier TF. The Jap TF sails down and hangs around Sydney & Brisbane for about 4-5 days. Then it sails away back up north. [:@]

So how do i make the AI stop doing this. I want a somewhat historical timeline of events. I don't like the idea of the AI sending Large Carrier TF around all over the south Pacific at will. I want it to be somewhat historical, like the battle of the Coral Sea & Midway. I dont want a AI TF down raiding all of eastern Australia and elswhere in the South Pacific. Ecspecially when for Starters i dont think the Japanese would have raided South Eastern Australia. [:-] (plus they never historically took thier carrier that far south!!!) & Second Im basically powerless to stop them from raiding Australia due to lack of "good equitment & Aircraft)

Also how do i stop the Japanese AI from sending LB's & small craft towards Pearl Harbor. In the Same GC in March & April of 1942 The AI has sent 1-3 LB TF's straight towards Pearl Harbor. This is STUPID!!!!! i just get a couple BB's & CA's togather & go out & sink about 30 or so LB a hex or two from Pearl.

So how do i setup & play a "as close as possible historical GC"
Do i need to edit game files or delete AI Files???
If anyone could let me know and give me a step by step instruction of how to adress this issue, i would be thankfull. [&o]

This is what im currently running,
GC 006 Dec. 8th Start
Ai difficulty: Historical
Beta Patch 1108q6 released 10/3/11

So please give me some guidance, & as always thanks for any advice & info i receive.

Jason
Misconduct

RE: How do i make the AI stop!!!

Post by Misconduct »

The AI is written in scripts, it does NOT follow a historical timeline and does what it "wants" to do, best thing to do is ignore it when it makes stupid mistakes like obviously sending its carriers down to Brisbane and Sydney. The AI is just an AI - its not going to be a human player, you have to accept it has limitations in how it acts - if it was left "historically" it would make an extremely boring game - I think the AI is pretty crafty, Andy did one hell of a job in making it interesting and "unorthodox".

If you are not willing to let the AI "slide" in most situations (allow them down to Sydney without sinking them) then the scripts might alter and do other things. Most of the time the AI will cause the KB to break part (as it runs so many scripts to capture bases, it needs more ships/airpower then it has available in game).

If its still to easy, I suggest playing a human.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
DeriKuk

Post by DeriKuk »

If its still to easy, I suggest playing a human.

I was going to suggest the same.  Beware, however, you may still not get a historic "script", but - unless you play me - you also won't get the stupidity.
noguaranteeofsanity

Post by noguaranteeofsanity »

There are multiple scripts for the AI, with one chosen at random at the start of the game, some stick to historical plans/operations and/or timing, while the rest are more aggressive or ambitious. If you delete the aei006-007.dat to aei006-12.dat files from scen sub folder, that is meant to provide a more historically accurate AI, but you will need to restart the game for it to take effect. 

Although it is probably going to be a far less challenging game, with fewer suprises, as you probably have a good idea of what the enemy's is planning and what they will or won't attempt.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Hmn, a week ago you asked essentially the same question. Obviously you weren't satisfied with the answers.

Read this thread

tm.asp?m=2274569&mpage=1&key=writing%2Cscripts&#2457353

where Andy Mac goes into a lot of detail as to the degree of work required to get an ai script up and running. Somehow I very much doubt you are willing to put in the requisite work. That just leaves you with the option of removing (=deleting) scripts. Eventually you will get to the brain dead ai you clearly are searching for.

Alfred
Pascal_slith

Post by Pascal_slith »

Playing humans is much more interesting and challenging. The "AI" is not really AI. (Many, many threads about this). I only play the "AI" to test ideas. The only other reason to play against the "AI" is because you don't have the time to devote to PBEM which understandibly is a frequent problem among many (including me a while back).
So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

Why don't you head them off at the pass if you don't want them raiding the South Pacific so often? Think about it - if the Allies never tried to challenge the Japanese at Coral Sea, then it's probable that the Japanese would have tried exactly what they're doing to Australia in your game.
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

PH raids were removed in the data patch (patch 2)

Are you sure you upgraded to take in the data patch and then applied the exe only beta patches.

Do not apply beta patches over a clean install you still need to patch up through the official channel to patch 3 or 4 before using the beta
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

PH raids were removed in the data patch (patch 2)

Are you sure you upgraded to take in the data patch and then applied the exe only beta patches.

Do not apply beta patches over a clean install you still need to patch up through the official channel to patch 3 or 4 before using the beta

LOL my first AI game I remember dealing with that "PH Raids" - I thought you did a wonderful job on the AI (vs WITP which was a total joke) until I started seeing every warship from CV's to LB's trying to bombard Pearl Harbor then wondered if you drank to much scotch whiskey when you came up with that script :)
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

ORIGINAL: jakla1027

I want a somewhat historical timeline of events.... I want it to be somewhat historical, like the battle of the Coral Sea & Midway....

Are you using only historical decisions and streategy? If not, why should AI? This is a game, not history simulation.

I would imagine that challenging and unpredictable AI is a good thing??
mike scholl 1

Post by mike scholl 1 »

ORIGINAL: Puhis

ORIGINAL: jakla1027

I want a somewhat historical timeline of events.... I want it to be somewhat historical, like the battle of the Coral Sea & Midway....

Are you using only historical decisions and streategy? If not, why should AI? This is a game, not history simulation.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! This is an "historical simulation game"..., which means the AI works best when it stays in the realms of historical reality. Sending out suicidal TF's one after another isn't "strategy"--it's just stupid!
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Yes, suicidal TFs are stupid. But KB's South Pacific raidss are not stupid and they are in the realm of historical reality, IMO.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

The simplist thing for you to do is either a) find another person to play against as been sugested before, or b) play both sides trying to match the events of the historical timeline as best you can. In both cases you are assured that the what you are currently experencing will not occur [:D]

An additional benefit of playing against someone else, is that if they decide to do something like try to invade Normea, Cooktown, etc., you can just tell them to stop as that was not historical and that they cannot do that. I am sure that they will listen [:D]. After all I am sure it is every Japan's players dream to follow the historical path of the events in the PTO, lol.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but seriously. this is a complex game, with a low budget, almost non-existance AI, and you are expecting a Deep Blue experience. Your expectations are way off the chart for the AI in this game. Personally I am thrilled the game works as well as it does.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”