Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map data file editor upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Map data file editor upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map data file editor upgrade - 10/6/2011 10:05:23 PM   
dwbradley

See the attached for the latest map data editing tools. There is quite a lot added since the last release. Highlights include:

Bug fixes: numerous, including one very nasty one that trashed your pwhexe.dat.

Sub-map and off-map editing: I have added two auxiliary editors that address the pwzone.dat and pwzlink.dat files.

The whole bag of stuff was greater than the 1Meg limit zipped so it is in two files. The second part is in the next message. Put the the two files in part 2 in the part 1 folder and you will be all set. You can rename and remove the part 1 if you want to. You should completely replace your existing editor folder(s) with this, moving over any map files in work of course.

Read the docs please and please note this is still a beta. Too much has changed for me to trust this completely. So back-up your stuff before using. I hope this proves useful. Comments both good and bad welcomed. Thanks.

Dave Bradley

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/6/2011 10:06:47 PM   
dwbradley

And here is the second part with the other two editors.

Dave

Attachment (1)

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 2
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/6/2011 10:12:40 PM   
JWE

You da man, Dave. Thank you.

If I see anything, I'b sure and let you know privately.

< Message edited by JWE -- 10/6/2011 10:14:36 PM >

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 3
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/7/2011 12:58:16 AM   
Don Bowen

Thanks Dave.

Is there anyway to suppress some of the confirmations and "are you sure" messages? One does need to hit "Yes" and "OK" quite a lot...

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 4
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/7/2011 1:06:09 AM   
dwbradley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Thanks Dave.

Is there anyway to suppress some of the confirmations and "are you sure" messages? One does need to hit "Yes" and "OK" quite a lot...

Don,
I don't think there is any way for the user to do so at this time. I will write this down and consider what can be done to make it easier for the next release. One aspect that would make it more easily accomplished would be if there were an Undo button. It could be argued that a proper editor should have such a feature but this remains a simple and not terribly sophisticated utility. I will think about that too but it might mean a complete redesign. Still it is a fair comment and I thank you for it.

Dave

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/7/2011 1:21:09 AM   
Don Bowen

Thanks again.

Just my opinion, but an Undo (while nice) is probably not worth the effort to create. The editor loads a local copy of the data files, so one can presume the player has copied them there and is not working on the originals. That and the simple precaution of an occasional save will take care of or minimize the majority of the player editing errors. Someone will always find a way to screw things up, no matter how much protection one builds in....

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 6
RE: Map data file editor upgrade-part 2 - 10/7/2011 8:50:42 AM   
Dali

Very thanks Dave. Dali

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 7
RE: Map data file editor upgrade - 10/7/2011 10:09:06 AM   
Mifune

As I have said before, Brilliant, reminds me of the Guiness commercial (that a good thing). Now with your favorite task of documentation is included. On a sidenote, good luck on race day.

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 8
RE: Map data file editor upgrade - 10/20/2011 1:09:04 AM   
Creeper

Thank you, Dave. This version now works perfectly on my windows 7 system.
Creeper

(in reply to dwbradley)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Map data file editor upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI