Senario 1, ahistorical start, giving Jap maximum flexiblity to determine objectives.
One day turns.
Would like an IJ player that has handled Japanese production previously.
Pace: 3-5 turns a week.
Currently running last official patch, but willing to use current BETA patch if desired.
Start date: immediate. I will be on furlough from my job for 2 months and can do 5+ turns a week if desired during that time. However, I'm happy with a slower pace if it suits your schedule as long as we do 3 a week minimum.
House rules (negotiable):
1. Japanese (if they choose to attack PH) get one port attack. No second strike of any type, until the KB has returned to a major port (size 4 or larger). After that, they may raid PH at will. The Japanese get a free ride to hit PH without any risk of detection, so that first raid is limited to the historical strike. The Nagumo rule:).
2. Allied 4 engine bombers may make naval attacks, but only at 8K+ feet.
3. No merchant ships as picket ships. Picket ships may be used, but only if PC, PB, DE, DD, APD or similar armed vessels.
4. Neither side may employe excessively gamey actions like a sub landing of a partial unit right behind a unit/units to cut a retreat path just before an attack on those units.
5. Paradrops can be dropped right behind the units, but the drop must be a full battalion+ drop. (That is, no very small sliver of the unit can be dropped to cut the retreat as the retreating units would roll right by them in real life).
6. Allies may not move (R) units overland or by air trans out of India or China into SE Asia without paying political point costs. They cannot be moved out by sea without paying anyway.
7. The Japanese first turn invasions cannot land at spots that would have been easily spotted by Allied air recon on their run in. For example: The initial landings could not be made at Jolo, Tarakan, Java or Palembang. An invasion fleet that was spotted going to those locations would have made surprise elsewhere practically impossible.
8. Many argue the height advantage in air combat is too strong in the current version. I agree. I suggest that air on CAP must be no higher than 5K feet over their best performance band. IE. Best band for a plane type is 15-20K feet, then CAP for that aircraft type can be no higher than 25K. Escorts must be no higher than 5K over the bombers they are escorting.
9. No strategic bombing of Chinese bases until 1943, unless the Allies commence strategic bombing of any target outside the Japanese Home Islands before that date. The Japanese are free to strat bomb Australian, Indian, Canadian, US targets before 43, just not Chinese (they wanted those idustries)
Variable reinforcements...ON; No reliable Allied torpedo ...ON; Sub doctrine...OFF; Weather ..ON: Allied Damage Control ....ON; rest self explanatory.
E-mail: email@example.com for any questions or comments. Looking forward to a good game.