Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Training pilots (advice please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Training pilots (advice please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Training pilots (advice please) - 9/30/2011 6:58:57 PM   
John B.

Hello all,

I've seen many references to using stateside air groups as training vehicles. Train the heck out of the pilots then strip them for newbies just before the groups have a mandatory withdrawal or when the pilots reach their maximum training level. Well, sometimes I can transfer pilots to the general pool and sometimes I can't (sometims the only option available is group reserve or sending the pilots home for rest). Am I missing something? Thanks.

John
Post #: 1
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 9/30/2011 7:47:49 PM   
Mundy

I believe it's a two day process.

The first day, they're sent to the group pool

The next day, those in the group pool can be moved into the general pool.

Ed-

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 2
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 10/1/2011 1:56:00 AM   
mbk2043

It seems that you can usually move 5-6 pilots a day to 'reserve' then 'general reserve' ... so you have to start moving pilots over a week+ in advance to get them all cycled out

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 3
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 10/1/2011 2:14:05 AM   
topeverest

John,

Pilots in the reserve pool do not train-up any skill or experience. That is only done through on-board training. Using a squadron on an HQ with good commander and 100% training can take green pilots and train up a skill to 70 in 60-90 days. Once they hit that, you pull them out to the reserve pool for use in combat units. be sure to troll the various reserve pools and get lower skill pilots into training programs. If you do that, you can avoid time cosuming manual selection of reserve pilots.

IIRC, air units that are due to withdrawal must maintain a minimum number of pilots, so if you try to reduce pilots below sqaudron maximum planes, it will fail.

Andy M

(in reply to mbk2043)
Post #: 4
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 10/1/2011 9:33:50 AM   
terje439

You need to have more pilots than the squadron number of planes (for a full squadron). So if the squadron has a normal setup of 25 AC (like most US fighter squadrons), you cannot send pilots to general reserve if there are 25 or less pilots ready for the squadron.
What you need to do;
1. Send as many as you can to general reserves
2. Fill it back up with replacement pilots (sort of overstrengthening it with pilots)
3. Goto 1 untill you have gotten all the pilots you want out of the group.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to topeverest)
Post #: 5
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 10/1/2011 3:34:51 PM   
John B.

Thanks all, I really do appreciate everyone's willingness to deal with these questions.

John

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 6
RE: Training pilots (advice please) - 10/1/2011 4:52:09 PM   
crsutton

Any squadron that is scheduled to be withdrawn or disbanded before the game ends or is white "restricted" will not let you remove pilots below the minimum required squadron limit. You must either add pilots from the reserve or the replacement pools to get them above the limit. Then you can withdraw pilots to the reserve pool until you get back to that minimum. It is a pain but just wash and repeat until you have pulled all the good pilots out.

However, you can pull any and all pilots from a unit that is never scheduled to withdraw. I don't really know why it works this way but it does.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Training pilots (advice please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI