waw update

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

bwheatley

waw update

Post by bwheatley »

After getting tom webers blessing i'm going to start modding waw atg version. There are a few things that are not implemented in the ATG version since it was such an early atg scenario.

I'm going to go back in and add in the air stacking rules as well, random intercept etc.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
LJBurstyn

RE: waw update

Post by LJBurstyn »

I've done a lot of work on this game already...I've been working on German Submarine warfare against Western Allies AI since the AI moves production from Canada and USA to other locations...such as UK. This takes away in my opinion the German sub warfare against GB--which almost starved Britain during the early days of the war (until 1943). After I finished that I was going to work on the Air campaign using Western Allies AI to more accurately reflect the air campaign while playing the AI as I think the scenario does not do a good job at this.
I also moved some of the invasions because it did not accurately show the tactical, strategic and the political situation at the time. I've been working on alternate invasions to reflect the possible effect if events had not gone the way they did--what if German/Italian forces had won the North Africa campaign early in the war and taken Cairo, Suez and Port Said??? Gibralter?? And I think just deleting defensive forces and placing invasion forces on the map is NOT realistic...what about production needed to make the invasion forces. And the possiblity that the defense defeated the invasion attempts. I realize that doing the Pacific part (US subs versus Japan and the island hopping attacks would take some time to program)
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

Nice Bwheatley

I have some other bugs that we have found that could use some attention if you can do them.

let me know please

cheers

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

Nice Bwheatley

I have some other bugs that we have found that could use some attention if you can do them.

let me know please

cheers

Sure please pass the bugs on. :) I really like the ATg Waw scen but at the same time it's missing a lot of the work we all put into improving the original waw scen. ;)
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: bwheatley

Nice Bwheatley

let me know please

cheers

Sure please pass the bugs on. :) I really like the ATg Waw scen but at the same time it's missing a lot of the work we all put into improving the original waw scen. ;)

I´m surprised you even compare them. To me they are completely different. Good luck improving it though, i am looking forward to it :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: LJBurstyn

I've done a lot of work on this game already...I've been working on German Submarine warfare against Western Allies AI since the AI moves production from Canada and USA to other locations...such as UK. This takes away in my opinion the German sub warfare against GB--which almost starved Britain during the early days of the war (until 1943). After I finished that I was going to work on the Air campaign using Western Allies AI to more accurately reflect the air campaign while playing the AI as I think the scenario does not do a good job at this.
I also moved some of the invasions because it did not accurately show the tactical, strategic and the political situation at the time. I've been working on alternate invasions to reflect the possible effect if events had not gone the way they did--what if German/Italian forces had won the North Africa campaign early in the war and taken Cairo, Suez and Port Said??? Gibralter?? And I think just deleting defensive forces and placing invasion forces on the map is NOT realistic...what about production needed to make the invasion forces. And the possiblity that the defense defeated the invasion attempts. I realize that doing the Pacific part (US subs versus Japan and the island hopping attacks would take some time to program)

Are you sure you are talking about WaW for ATG, and not WaW for AT?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

ORIGINAL: bwheatley

Nice Bwheatley

let me know please

cheers

I´m surprised you even compare them. To me they are completely different. Good luck improving it though, i am looking forward to it :)

Yea they are very different but if you think back to the V1 waw for AT and the last version everyone had finished it was a different scen all together.
In one version i even written a random weather system which was really cool. :)

Just be nice to add nifty things like that back in. Yea having resources and such is a really neat thing now. Helps make sure germany just does not steam roll everyone.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Here is what i've been working on so far. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KmMmkJ7UhES2RtYMvGL-HS9h9-0ONXj1dPbcuz8KfrQ/edit?hl=en_US

I'm working on right now putting all the tech into stringlist functions so we can limit research by time. For now i was thinking you can have only certain techs per year and after i get that working i planned to change it to you can get techs early but it will cost a lot more.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

btw if anyone wants edit access to add their ideas in please shoot me your email and i'll add it.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

The one I was talking about is WaW_Revised_U4_beta?
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

ORIGINAL: LJBurstyn

The one I was talking about is WaW_Revised_U4_beta?

Yea that's one of the last revisions for the AT version. The ATG version is a very different beast.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

hi
ok here are some bugs/fixes I suggest.

bug
cargo ships can carry naval air, about 30 of them. this allows you to in fact make a super carrier out of a cargo ship if done right and can completely ruin the naval aspect of the game.

bug
Germany cant attack china or declare war on china. This allows the west to give cities and research factories in England to china and have them completely safe from attack. so if london is under heavy attack just give it to china and poof attack over.

Germany and japan cannot give units or factories or cities etc... to each other, but the west can. thus there is nothing germany can do to help japan and japan is too small to fight Russia the west and the USA all at once. Even if Germany sent a fleet to help them the fleet couldnt even dock in Japan.
Allow Germany and japan to ally after the suez canal is taken by either one or something like that may fix it.

and the biggest problem is that factories are too cheap. But for the first year they are perfect in that if done right Germany can just take Norway western Europe and the Balkans without the west being able to stop it. But if germany struggles then the west can build up too quickly. In a game I am playing the west had 23 factories in NA and the pacific by dec 1941 and japan never had a chance.

I suggest something that raises the cost of Factories to 300pp AFTER Paris is taken to reflect inflation due to the world war.  This would slow done the rapid building of factories after france fell but would still not change the balance of the first 12 months. (maybe leave the chemical factories at 200pp if possible)
But this is still tricky because this event(fall of Paris) also brings japan and Russia into the game and will hurt their ability to build up if factories are 300pp so I suggest changing it so that Russia's and Japan's production starts 1 level higher to offset the raise in factory costs.

tell me what you guys think

cheers
82nd Airborne Division
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Ahh yea looks like the weight of naval air is only 1 when the rest of the planes are 10. Because aircraft carriers have to carry less then the weight of regular planes so that you can't station regular planes on aircraft carriers. But how can you use the naval air from the cargo ship? put a cargoship with a carrier then just transfer from inside the same hex?
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Oh good call about the bug for the chinese i'll add a card for germans to be able to attack china.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

btw 82nd would you be willing to play test updates with me?
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Ya i have the feeling that factories are a bit too cheap. Also seems like germany can really really build up very quickly and become an unstoppable behemoth.
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
82ndtrooper

Post by 82ndtrooper »

sure ill play test games if you need mate

as for the cargo ships lets just say you can build 3 or 4 cargo ships and put 60-80 planes in them and then move the cargo ships and attack with the planes on the same turn so you can greatly extend the range of the naval air.
82nd Airborne Division
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

by unloading the cargo onto the shore? then the planes can fly?
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
zzmzzm

Post by zzmzzm »

Yes, I found then the planes can fly with full APs.
ong ma ni bei mei hong

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”