Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So Little Activity?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> AI War Alien Bundle >> So Little Activity? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 9:18:47 PM   
tgb

Is there a reason? Is it because everyone bought it years ago? I like the introductory price of the package with expansions, and am trying to find the love in the demo, but the silence here is deafening.
Post #: 1
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 9:36:25 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi tgb,

Based on the initial comments, I think we do have quite a few customers who already own and enjoy AI War. Hopefully, this will allow those who weren't aware of it to give it a look, especially with the promotion. Games that we add to our catalog which have already been released don't tend to generate as much discussion as our exclusive new releases, but this is still a very good game.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 9:43:02 PM   
JudgeDredd

I bought it some time ago - cheap from another online store...it is worth way more than I paid for it - it's a great game.

The package I got did not have the Light of the Spire addon though.

It's an incredibly good and addictive game

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 9:48:33 PM   
tgb

I'm working my way through the tutorials, as well as watching the video tutorials, and am thinking this might be the elusive "RTS for people who hate RTS".

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 9:54:27 PM   
JudgeDredd

Yeah - I'm not a massive RTS fan - I can play them, but steer clear of most of them.

I watched a video of this on youtube after people were raving about it and I thought "You are kidding me! It's like a micro management mess" - but I took the plunge when I saw it so cheap and was glad I did - it's a little gem...

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 5
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/27/2011 10:40:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb
I'm working my way through the tutorials, as well as watching the video tutorials, and am thinking this might be the elusive "RTS for people who hate RTS".

That's basically my opinion as well and it's a big part of why we wanted to bring it to our community.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 6
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/28/2011 3:10:20 AM   
Grotius

I bought it two years ago, and I played it for more than 90 hours -- not something I do with every game I buy. I really loved it.

Arcen Games' website has pretty active forums for AI War, with a particularly active strategy sub-forum. Er, I hope Erik doesn't mind my mentioning that.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: So Little Activity? - 9/29/2011 5:49:58 PM   
NefariousKoel

quote:

It certainly is. Unlike most run-of-the-mill RTS games, this one is far more strategy oriented and not simply a build & swarm type as most.

I downright loathe those typical RTSes but bought the AI package on a sale a year or two ago. I was pleasantly surprised at the depth and innovative approach. It's certainly an RTS for RTS-haters.

And, yes, I imagine quite a number of us already have it but I can definitely recommend it to anyone here who doesn't.

< Message edited by NefariousKoel -- 9/29/2011 5:50:50 PM >

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 8
RE: So Little Activity? - 10/29/2011 4:24:29 AM   
ding5689

It is really my honor to have this opportunity for a interview,
Dogs aren't exactly subtle when they want something -- and a break from the heat is no exception.

My sister's dog used to stop, drop and remain immobile until someone picked her up on hot and humid days. When my pooch Lulu has had enough of the great outdoors, she prefers to bang and scratch on the back door. Sometimes she manages to open it, bursting into the living room.

The recent spike in temperature and humidity surprised plenty of pet owners, prompting Dr. Ann Hohenhaus, a veterinarian with the Animal Medical Center in New York, to offer a few timely tips on keeping pets cool in the summer heat.

cheap nfl jerseys
nfl kids jerseys
nfl jerseys

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 9
RE: So Little Activity? - 10/29/2011 5:07:34 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

It´s certainly a game where applying one of the handful of strategies with which, taken together, you can win any RTS (Turtling, Zerg Rush etc) will result in your swift and painful demise.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 10
RE: So Little Activity? - 10/31/2011 4:02:15 AM   
sabre1

Yep, played this for awhile, and got stomped for awhile, and stopped playing. It's a good game, but I suck at it. Of course I suck at most games, but I still play. I guess that is the first sign of being crazy.

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> AI War Alien Bundle >> So Little Activity? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI