Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Window mode and Save Problems: Help?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Window mode and Save Problems: Help? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Window mode and Save Problems: Help? - 9/27/2011 12:52:53 AM   
gijas

Hi. I just bought AWD and updated it to v104. I also installed the Deluxe AWD 104 mod on top of this. But now I can't exit out of window mode nor save the game at all. I did backup up my dat folder but dont know why I can't save? I get a error when I enter a new save name and click the check.

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Post #: 1
RE: Window mode and Save Problems: Help? - 10/5/2011 2:30:51 PM   
rjh1971

Check this out:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1879393

If you don't exit properly the changes you made are not saved, therefore you won't be able to restore window mode.
Also if you don't have a save folder try creating one: C:\Matrix Games\Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided\dat\save, that may have been the solution for Recon Tom and his post #5.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB

(in reply to gijas)
Post #: 2
RE: Window mode and Save Problems: Help? - 10/9/2011 4:42:59 AM   
gijas

OK. Just checked and no save folder here either so I created one. See if that helps me. However, about my game settings. I didn't explain properly. I start the game in window mode always? I edited my resolution to 1680x1050 and checked full-screen but when I restart the game its back to window mode? I though the v104 patch fixed the resolution for wide screen monitors?

Update: Adding a save folder worked, thanks. Also was able to change resolution to my native 1680x1050. But the game menus are still not to this scale. No a big problem but is there a fix for this?

< Message edited by gijas -- 10/9/2011 6:32:17 AM >

"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 3
RE: Window mode and Save Problems: Help? - 10/9/2011 8:21:35 AM   
rjh1971

No solution for the main menu screen, nor for the buttons once you have started a game, but that is a minor handicap imo.
Glad your problem was solved.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 10/9/2011 8:22:48 AM >

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB

(in reply to gijas)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Window mode and Save Problems: Help? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI