Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

assigning HQs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> assigning HQs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
assigning HQs - 9/22/2011 2:30:54 PM   
Javolenus

Hi There,

In the scenario editor you can assign HQs for regiments and divisions but not battalions or brigades. This has confused me slightly, and I'd like to ask how folks assign HQs in their custom scenarios. For example, should the various outfits in an army have their own regimental HQs, which are then linked to the division HQ? Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: assigning HQs - 9/22/2011 3:21:15 PM   
Obsolete

I haven't had any real-life army experience (just used to listen to stories by vets), so I'm not sure how much help/advice I can give here. What I"ll say is this, in many of the scenarios I've looked at, MOST the units seem to be combined to at least one Reg HQ, with a few linked directly to a Div HQ skipping the middle-man.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 2
RE: assigning HQs - 9/22/2011 3:53:30 PM   
PirateJock

I've always thought it was strange there was no Battalion HQ - there's a thread on that.

As to assigning units, I work on Div HQ having divisional artillery and Reg HQs attached to them (in some scenarios the Div HQ may have other support units, e.g. Engineers, but I always attach those to one or more of the Reg HQs). The Reg HQ has regiment artillery, support and line units attached. As I say it really does feel as there should be another level under the Regiment.

Also I equate Brigades to Regiments, the terminology can get confusing dependant on nation involved.

Cheers

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Combat Command Series >> assigning HQs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI