From: San Antonio, TX
Central and South Pacific
I have created 4 midgets at Kwajalein, with the intention of unleashing them at Pearl Harbor or Christmas Island. How the hell do you use them?
1. Find the right mothership I-boat. I think I-16, 18, 20, 22, 24 and 26 (don't quote me, I'm at work, but look at the class ship).
2. Bring mothership to Kwajalein. Disband her.
3. Create a minisub transport TF from your create TF menu. Transfer the I-boat and one of the minis into the TF.
4. Order the near to wherever you want to attack. Range depending (i.e., if you have a 500 nm range minisub, you can be several hexes distant, not so for those with 84 nm range).
5. When in the destination hex, create a new TF-just the minisub for attack. Direct it towards its target and set its home port destination accordingly.
6. Have the mothership hang out until the minisub attack is resolved. Usually, the minisub will be lost with all hands during the attack, so the mothership can then head back home.
7. In the unlikely event that the minisub survives the attack, it can be redirected to the hex where the mothership is waiting for it. Once in the same hex, create a minisub transport TF and the minisub will "dock" with the mothership. Both can then return to port to refuel or move on to another target.