Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are "Supply Stores" and why bother?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What are "Supply Stores" and why bother? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are "Supply Stores" and why bother? - 9/19/2011 3:28:26 PM   
pompack

I have been puzzled for some time about the size of the Supply stockpiles.

It doesn't seem to matter which side I play, I have found that the "Supply Stores" stockpiled exceed the requirements by 10X or more after the first months. In fact while I examine the Production Screen first thing every turn, I just skip over that section since it always tells me I have more than I can use.

I understand the critical nature of "supply" at the sharp end. However the problem seems to be entirely distribution with more production than can be used.

What am I missing here?
Post #: 1
RE: What are "Supply Stores" and why bother? - 9/20/2011 10:41:44 AM   
Jakerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: pompack

I have been puzzled for some time about the size of the Supply stockpiles.

It doesn't seem to matter which side I play, I have found that the "Supply Stores" stockpiled exceed the requirements by 10X or more after the first months. In fact while I examine the Production Screen first thing every turn, I just skip over that section since it always tells me I have more than I can use.

I understand the critical nature of "supply" at the sharp end. However the problem seems to be entirely distribution with more production than can be used.

What am I missing here?

Well historically problem was not the supply production. Most of the time logistics was the limiting factor.

Soviet side won’t see problems for supply unless large part of their heavy industry is gone and they build too large army. It is very hard to build too large army as logistics is more limiting factor most of time than pure supply production.

Germany on the other had won’t be seeing supply shortages until very late in the war especially fuel start to run out after Hungary and Romanians have surrendered. Also resources shortages after axis minors are gone shut down part of Germany production. Many German players quit before that happens as they do not want to keep fighting against poor odds and never see shortages in place.

Shortages dont really hit in full impact until you are in the last stand phase of game and most of players dont play that far.

< Message edited by Jakerson -- 9/20/2011 10:44:18 AM >

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What are "Supply Stores" and why bother? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI