Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Advice wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice wanted - 9/18/2011 8:08:20 PM   
godfrey

I have Grigsby WITE and I want to buy a new game. I am considering Carriers at War or Eagle day. Does anyone who has both in a psoition to make a recomendation?
Post #: 1
RE: Advice wanted - 9/18/2011 11:09:11 PM   
gabeeg

Sorry, I do not have Eagle Day, but I do own Carriers at War.  I am sorry to say, it is the only war game I regret purchasing.  It was ok for a handful of games and then it is...well...boring.  There is just something missing in this game IMO.  Maybe it is a bit too abstracted to me.   I love naval games and there are sooooo few of them it hurts me to say that.   I even loaded the game up a couple weeks ago to see if I changed my mind...I haven't.

(in reply to godfrey)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice wanted - 9/19/2011 8:53:51 AM   
Erik Nygaard

I still like the game, but it seems like the devs have stopped working on it.
I remember they said that they would pick it up after finishing work on some other game, but that must have been a couple of years ago.
Also I think they should work on the editor. There is a promising system for scripting the AI using 'warcards' with options for much randomness, but it is hard (at least for me) to learn.
After the initila release period a game survives on new scenarios and ability to mod it.

Erik

(in reply to godfrey)
Post #: 3
RE: Advice wanted - 11/27/2011 4:19:48 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

You might want to take a look at HPS' Midway. It's a lot deeper than CaW and is still under development. I'm still playing it. I finished all the scenarios, and am working my way through again, starting with Pearl Harbor! Oh, but I have to tell you the bad stuff, too, don't I?

-The graphics are barely passable.

-There's no AI for friendly subs.

-Aircraft are either flying or on the ground, which is to say that there are only two altitudes in the game.

Apart from those items, the game is great and a lot of fun to play.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to godfrey)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Advice wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI