Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sorties remaining?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Sorties remaining? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sorties remaining? - 9/15/2011 2:08:08 AM   
gradenko_2000

How can I check for the number of sorties that my carriers can still fly? I checked the TF screen, Ship Detail screen and the manual and I can't seem to find it, and I doubt this game would just let you fly planes until the carriers run out of endurance.
Post #: 1
RE: Sorties remaining? - 9/15/2011 12:46:25 PM   
tocaff

It's been quite some time since I last played UV, but I can't remember the # of sorties being limited by anything other than ops points available per turn and being in a coastal hex which limits ops to 50% of normal.  The only other limitation is fuel and that doesn't do anything to flying the planes.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Sorties remaining? - 9/15/2011 1:10:06 PM   
Mundy

You can fly indefinitely in UV. On the other side of the coin, fatigue racks up very quickly, so you're not exactly flying day after day.

No pesky HQs needed for torps, too.

Ed-

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 3
RE: Sorties remaining? - 9/15/2011 1:17:22 PM   
gradenko_2000

Well, that would certainly explain it! Thanks guys. I just got this little gem last night and played through to Marginal Allied Victories on the first two scenarios. Between that and the lack of planning, I'm actually liking it quite a lot.

One thing I'm not so clear on are the air-to-air mechanics though. It seems like the game doesn't model dives just yet, so setting my Wildcats to their max altitude isn't making all that much of a difference, and with the exception of fighters on both sides shooting down each others dive/torpedo bombers, fighter-to-fighter combat isn't yielding a lot of casualties.

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 4
RE: Sorties remaining? - 9/15/2011 2:11:49 PM   
Mundy

I've had a pbem going with my brother for a year now. No fleet carriers from either side in theatre now.

A thing to be careful of is where your troops can march.

As the Japanese, I attempted an invasion of Luganville. I was unable to suppress the aircraft there and the transports took a terrible beating. To save the troops, I landed them at the northern part of the island opposite of Luganville. To my dismay, I found I wasn't allowed to march overland to that base. I think there's no marching from Rabaul to Gasmata, too.

It became the largest bombing range in the Pacific. Even Wirraways were being shipped over to partake in the fun. Now I'm dealing with nighttime Schweinfort-style air raids on Rabaul and Shortlands.

We're up to March '43. The worm has definitely turned now. I went easy on him at the beginning so I wouldn't discourage him. That bit me in the rear. I should have grabbed Moresby at the start.

Ed-

< Message edited by Mundy -- 9/15/2011 2:13:32 PM >

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Sorties remaining? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI