Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crashes on North Arnhem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Crashes on North Arnhem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/14/2011 7:06:24 PM   
kweniston

Possibly unit related, late campaign crash on unmodded LSA (latest version) vs AI on the North Arnhem map, when the battle ends (any which way, truce, timer, retreat, all crashed). Find attached the save game.
I will try switching units now, but I hope you can help to sort this out.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kweniston -- 9/17/2011 11:38:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/15/2011 4:24:57 PM   
RD_Oddball

Thanks kweniston, we'll have a look. What is the specific thing that is going on in the game when the crash happens? Is it crashing during a battle, during a battle load sequence, while selecting units, end of battle?

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 9/15/2011 4:28:26 PM >

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 2
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/17/2011 6:59:42 PM   
kbullard

This sounds similar to what I'm experencing on the Arnhem Bridge Road map as the Allies in a Grand Campaign vs the AI. No matter how the battle ends (truce, timer, took all victory locations timer, retreat), I get the "Loading..." screen and the game locks up. I'm on Win 7, and have to use Task Manager to kill the program.

A little frustrating because I do have some time invested in this GC. Compressed game file attached. Kurt

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kbullard -- 9/17/2011 7:02:43 PM >

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 3
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/17/2011 11:38:34 PM   
kweniston

Like kbullard said, the game hangs at the "loading..." screen after the end of battle. See screenshot.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kbullard)
Post #: 4
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/19/2011 10:07:43 AM   
RD_Oddball

Okay thanks for the extra info guys. We're looking into it.

*EDIT*

I forgot to ask the usual questions. Have either of you done any moding? Have had any mods installed? Even if you've had a mod installed previously but uninstalled it we'd need to know.

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 9/19/2011 10:13:37 AM >

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 5
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/19/2011 8:18:58 PM   
kweniston

I did a clean install of LSA (latest version) and reloaded the save game, unmodded.

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 6
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/19/2011 11:51:52 PM   
kbullard

I've never done any modding. Bought the game in June and upgraded to 5.60.51 when it became available -- looks like late July.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 7
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/20/2011 3:40:08 PM   
RD_Oddball

Thanks for verifying guys.

(in reply to kbullard)
Post #: 8
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 1:09:48 AM   
Acehole

Hi, same problem for me ....i try my 4 th grand campaign without possibility to end successfully it ...under windows 7 with the latest members patch , the screen freeze with "loading" , like on the screenshot from Kweniston.No modding for me or any change on the game , the only sure thing to said and that's happens on the las battle of the turn , after several days of battles (6 days remaining ) .I try the game with the saves on two others pc/s with the same result ! VERY FRUSTATING
See the save attached like my friends in pain to see if possible to correct this .
Truly yours.
JG

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 9
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 1:28:07 AM   
kweniston

Yeah, this is not very motivational to start a campaign vs a human friend, I must say. I've dropped LSA for the time being, until a patch has been made, especially also with the reported illogical bridge-crossing problems (seen them myself). A fix is desperately needed to patch these basic gameplay issues.

I get the feeling the "Loading..." freeze only happens vs. AI, but I'm not sure. Please note if the problem arose vs. AI or not.

(in reply to Acehole)
Post #: 10
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 3:56:24 AM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

I've dropped LSA for the time being, until a patch has been made,

me too... too sad after all the work put in.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 11
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 4:29:23 AM   
Tejszd

It sucks when encountering a crash loading but at least you have chance to change units/etc. to see if there is some way to keep going. The problem that really hurts is the saved game getting corrupted!!! Hope Matrix gets a new patch out soon to address the bad unit data, saved game file corruption along with the bridge/supply issues....

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 12
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 3:13:56 PM   
Sapa

Noticed the same thing several times..played as Allies and got the crash. Opened the saved file with SaveGameEditor and played the battle with Germans without crashing, then moved back to Allies and continued the Campaign

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 13
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/23/2011 6:06:20 PM   
Acehole

Ok, i am not "alone in the dark" ! i try this week-end to play this save on a XP machine (the 2 others trials are on windows 7 pc's) Wait and see ... i usually save the "great campaign" at the stage of the end of the turn  (with execute button) , so , as i notice this crash several times , i go back on this save , change elements on  the last battle (that one who freeze ) and go back to work ...but ,this time , it's work only , if i "disband" the group on this last battle and leave the map free of opponent .Very irritating for my strategy ! I hope that a tech can work on our saves to , at least  , go back before the crash or further ....For me , i don't know what is the "SaveGameEditor", where can i obtain it and can we use it for this problem ?

Thanks for answer

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 14
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/24/2011 2:52:19 AM   
Sapa

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2533420

Its not a solution..just a way to not uninstall your game out of frustration ;)

< Message edited by Sapa -- 9/24/2011 2:54:22 AM >

(in reply to Acehole)
Post #: 15
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/25/2011 6:10:48 PM   
Acehole

thanks for the reply , i try this if i can understand the "how to " use of this tool ...aniway , i wait for a conprehensive answer of a matrix's tech because i am a fidel customer of Matrix product , especially "CC series" but i am tired of the bugs ,especially on the great campaign i have on each titles ...i.e, i hesitate to buy the last game that missed to my collection , the cross of Iron , due to the fear of take time to play and have again problems ! Thanks for your help and thanks also to give way to play online , perhaps , a tutorial on "battle HQ" or other client ...
truly yours

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 16
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/25/2011 6:21:26 PM   
Tejszd

Cross of Iron (COI) is a safe purchase.

The original CC3, which is the foundation of COI, was the last CC game developed by Atomic with Microsoft so the resources for development and testing were higher than later releases. These additional resources produced probably the most bug free and stable CC....

For the CC5 based releases WAR/TLD/LSA the bugs and stability of them has surpassed CC5. LSA is probably a bit behind WAR/TLD for bugs/stability as it has a lot more enhancements but at least Matrix still seems to be addressing bugs/stability issues for all three...

(in reply to Acehole)
Post #: 17
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/25/2011 7:11:57 PM   
Acehole

Thanks for hope to see a stable LSA , as i enjoy much to play with it ! and thanks to have take time to answer quickly but i hope also that my save game i send can be modified sucessfully to finish this campaign !!!!

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 18
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 9/29/2011 5:30:51 PM   
Acehole

Hi, so ,i try the "LSA save editor" ( thanks for this fine tool !) but it's doesn't work ( change to play allies , end the turn successfully , go back to germans but same crash again ...) but i have finally finish the corrupted campaign like that : make an new " out of box " install of LSA ( without patches )in different folder ,copy and play my save successfully , without freeze , copy it on the last patched version ,and , miracle , it's work , i finish the grand campaign ( six days remaining) without any more problem !!!so , it's seems to me that this bug is in the last patch ? but , thanks to Matrix to go back with this problem and see if my trick work for others who have same problem...

(in reply to Acehole)
Post #: 19
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/7/2011 3:21:19 PM   
grantr

Hi. I'm experincing the exact sam problem with the Grand Campaign, playing as Germans against AI on the Overasselt map on the second day of the campaign - Windows XP. No matter how the game ends, it freezes on the Load screen as described by others on this thread. I've also installed on a Windows 7 64 Bit machine, copied the saved game over and had exactly the same result. This is extremeley frustrating as I've only had the game for three weeks and have been thoroughly enjoying it thus far - until now. What makes matters worse is that I had convinced two of mates to purchase at the same time as me. Hope you can fix this before they find out about the bug and put me in front of a firing squad.

My install is also unmodded and is the latest updated version.

Thanks

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 20
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/8/2011 11:58:09 PM   
Acehole

Hi, do you try my "trick " who work for me , as described above....i am currently ending the germans campaign with just an other freeze on load screen at the end of a turn , and the cure work again ...the problem seems to me on the last patch ? try and give news ...

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 21
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/10/2011 7:19:01 AM   
grantr

Hi. Unfortunately I can't roll back to a previous patch as the build I downloaded from Matrix is the latest build
So if the issue IS with the latest patch, then I have a problem. It does seem that there are more people affected by this behaviour. It certainly seems that the issue is reproduceable - having the same problem on different hardware platforms, different OS's with same saved campaign.

Hope Matrix responds.

(in reply to Acehole)
Post #: 22
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/10/2011 9:15:07 AM   
Tejszd

Yes, it seems that the problem started or is worse with the final patch than the last beta....

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 23
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/10/2011 7:38:36 PM   
Acehole

Ok,effectively , my "trick" work only with with the "original" cd version ...an other argument , for me , to avoid dowloading games and to prefer buying "physical" version ! cross your finger and wait for a patch to patch the patch ! aniway , continue to like and support "Close combat " series by Matrix , who , no doubt about that ,work on the medic ...

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 24
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/14/2011 10:59:03 AM   
grantr

Depression.

Have just recieved boxed copy of LSA from Matrix, hoping it would be an unpatched build and therefore a method for me to continue playing the GC against the AI. No such luck, its the latest build so I'm stuck, no game play only three weeks after purchase (I'm not a fan of playing single games or Ops - GC only for me).

Hoping for some positive feedback from Matrix.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 25
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 10/15/2011 10:15:05 AM   
Andrew Williams

yes, unfortunately the latest fixes seem to have done more damage than good.

Waiting for a stable release before resuming CC play.

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 26
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 12/28/2011 3:31:19 PM   
Sapa

....and i am waiting an waiting....

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 27
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 12/28/2011 5:33:22 PM   
Tejszd

Come on Matrix, there is known bug in the last patch corrupting saved games.

What poor customer service;
- the patch is still available causing more customers to end with unplayable campaigns and operations
- the bug was reported over 3 months ago and there is no fix (not even an eta / update on the progress)

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 28
RE: Crashes on North Arnhem - 12/28/2011 5:44:49 PM   
Steve McClaire

I understand it is frustrating. All I can say at this time is that an update will be made available as soon as it is ready.

Steve

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> Crashes on North Arnhem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI