Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Refuelling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Air Refuelling Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Refuelling - 9/12/2011 7:46:01 PM   
George Patton

Hi guys!
I don't play Harpoon since a lot of time. After the last emprovements of the game, from which database is possible to use air refuelling?
Post #: 1
RE: Air Refuelling - 9/12/2011 9:04:02 PM   
TonyE

All of the modern databases allow air to air refueling.  It is more a question of which battlesets do air to air refueling and most of them do except the oldest once.  So if you are playing in the EC2003 or newer battlesets air to air refueling is present (and in most of the others).  This really hasn't changed since before HC97.  Where you couldn't refuel then you still can't now, the mechanism just works a little more reliably now.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to George Patton)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Refuelling - 9/13/2011 10:10:33 AM   
George Patton

Ah ok, so I suppose that the first and second battlesets don't allowa air refuelling. It's allowed from HDS1 or HDS5?

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Refuelling - 9/14/2011 8:05:50 PM   
TonyE

I'll eventually give it a try when I find some time, if you do so first, holler back with your results.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to George Patton)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Refuelling - 9/14/2011 10:21:15 PM   
Warhorse64

Taking a quick look, there are tanker loadouts available in the original GIUK, NACV, and MEDC battlesets for some aircraft, and they work. There do not appear to be any such loadouts, or dedicated tanker aircraft, in any of the Designer's Series battlesets. The EC2000, EC2003, and all subsequent battlesets have tanker loadouts for many tactical aircraft, as well as dedicated tanker aircraft. EC2003 an subsequent battlesets make use of databases such as the HCDB. These databases are independent of the battleset, and can be modified by the user, so if you've always thought that, say, a 747 would be a fine tanker aircraft, you can make one and try it out ... :-)

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Air Refuelling Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI