Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto-convoy questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Auto-convoy questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto-convoy questions - 9/10/2011 6:12:45 PM   
gradenko_2000

1. Are the any bases that are not covered by the auto-convoy system, such that I will have to supply them manually? I'm thinking of whether or not something like Okinawa can be supplied automatically, assuming I ever get there.

2. Given the new buttons in the beta patches that allow you to artificially increase the 'supply required' figure for a base, is it possible to use it to manipulate the auto-convoy system into feeding lots of supplies into a base that I'll use as a jump-off point for an offensive?
Post #: 1
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/10/2011 9:31:03 PM   
Lifer

1. Any base you want to be included in the Auto-Convoy has to be added to the list. Open up the base screen and you should see on the lower right where it says Autoconvoy No(or Yes). Click to yes to have the computer form up and dispatch convoys to that base. As a reminder, you have to manually add ships to the AC system to have the computer form them up and send them to their destination.

2. Pretty sure the AC system will ship only to the required supply level and not the artificial stocking level.

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 2
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/11/2011 5:12:19 AM   
gradenko_2000

Thanks! I could have sworn the 'supply required' tooltip on the AC screen said something about '+= artificial supply' or something, but I guess I can always just handle that manually.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 3
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/11/2011 9:11:26 AM   
SgtSwanson

Here's an idea I use now. For the bases you plan on using as a supply hub (Palmyra, Canton Is, Suva) manually build a convoy, then name it TF what base it's going to. You can make TF names by clicking the TF No Name (in yellow) in the upper left corner of the screen. That way after it returns to home, you'll remember what it's for.

Sgt Swanson
87-93 5/502 Inf. Berlin Bde
93-95 2/502 Inf. 101st Airborne Div.
Freedom is never free!!

Patch of the Week: 6th Infantry Division

Post #: 4
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/11/2011 10:42:40 AM   
janh

Mind that if you increase the supply demand at a base, it will also draw supplies from roundabout bases it is connected to. 

(in reply to SgtSwanson)
Post #: 5
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/11/2011 8:30:06 PM   
msieving1

quote:

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

1. Are the any bases that are not covered by the auto-convoy system, such that I will have to supply them manually?

On the Allied side, ports on the US west coast and some ports in India (from Karachi to Goa on the west coast and from Calcutta to Cocanada on the east coast) are not included in the auto-convoy system. Also, off map locations are not included. I haven't seen any other ports that are not included.

Post #: 6
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/11/2011 11:02:38 PM   
inqistor

After experiences in WITP, I have not used auto-convoys in AE, but in WITP AI tended to create 3-6 transport ships TFs to deliver supply, even when base was short only 1000.

So if it works same, as in WITP it will dump incredible amount of supply, no matter the demand. And I am actually wondering, if AI get into consideration size of destination port...

(in reply to msieving1)
Post #: 7
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/12/2011 4:19:38 AM   
Numdydar

AC's have been broken in the original and last official patch versions of AE. This is why many people did not use them as they just did not work properly. With the last Beta p2 (and above) ACs have been fnally fixed and will work as intended. I have several threads talking about what was wrong if you want to more about the details that got fixed.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 8
RE: Auto-convoy questions - 9/12/2011 4:50:51 AM   
gradenko_2000

Yeah Numdydar, I saw that thread of yours so I was considering the feasibility of running of a game (against the AI) where I rely on auto-convoys to do most of the heavy lifting.

I think the exclusion of US West Coast ports and Indian ports should be okay, as supplies can move over-land. inqistor's anecdote about the AC system oversupplying bases sounds good as well. I suppose my last concern would be if Allied auto-convoys can reach all the way to the Home Islands.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Auto-convoy questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI