Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone gotten to USA?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Anyone gotten to USA? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone gotten to USA? - 9/10/2011 7:19:03 AM   
Misconduct

Nvm

Found some articles, looks like I don't plan on winning with the loss of my core airpower on D-day, not bad for a first time around though.

< Message edited by Misconduct -- 9/10/2011 7:22:17 AM >

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone gotten to USA? - 9/10/2011 12:17:40 PM   
parusski

I have reached every time I played on the easiest setting, but it gets progressively more difficult as you work your way to Field Marshall. The USA campaign is a lot more interesting and challenging than in Panzer General. Getting your forces ashore in America's east coast is not easy. You might lose unit or 10 if you are not careful and rush the actual landing before using your naval forces to damage and push the US navy south.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone gotten to USA? - 9/13/2011 7:23:44 AM   
Misconduct

I almost completed the USA campaign, the first was actually the hardest - being I had to land everything to the north and avoid the US Fleet from the south - with only one destroyer defending I had little trouble in getting all troops out before the ships overwhelmed the fleet.

The second Map really was annoying in a sense most towns had water between it creating stop gaps every so often, third and final map was almost a total loss - the northern units going to Seattle took a while to reach it while the southern group actually did quite well.

Playing on Colonel on my first time around, It was a breeze from remembering all the same strategy and tactics from PG1, I basically oped for total airpower and Artillery with a strong armor core.

I'd use Artillery to drop the Entrenched units, air power - Pioneers then tanks to break through.
I do believe the most units I lost were recon, however I don't think I ever had any of them past 1-2 star's the entire game.
The West map was a real cluster, allied fighters pretty much decimated my fighters - only good thing was the fighter loses freed up more Tigers/Go229s

Only thing I do wish to see what my total losses were, CORE vs noncore units

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone gotten to USA? - 9/13/2011 11:13:27 AM   
parusski

I also opted for air superiority and lots of artillery. My Armour force was huge and I use only a few Pioneer units to root out the enemy from cities.

Yeah, the west coast battles were pretty difficult(darn mountains).

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Anyone gotten to USA? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI