Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

building marine divisions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> building marine divisions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 8:29:28 PM   
TommyG

It is June 42 and I have all the elements of the 1st and 2d Marine divisions on Nouema, but I can not build them into divisions. The 1st Mar div has all elements attached to Pacific Areas but the build unit button is greyed out. The 2d Mar Div inactive parent unit is attached to the restricted West Coast. all the bdes are Pacif Areas. Both have astericks next to the inactive parent units name.

I do not have the PPs to convert all the brigades to West Coast before I assemble the 2d Mar div, and then I would have to reassign the div to another hq in order to move it, again costing tons of PP. And, if I convert the entire div to West Coast, what guarantee do I have that it will not be one of those dreaded white restricted units that can never go anywhere ever, or just be greyed out, like the 1st Mar Div? Nouema is size 6 with 100k supply and the 1st Amph Hq. Version is most recent public beta (p I think).

Thanks for any assistance.
Post #: 1
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 8:32:09 PM   
Mike Solli

I believe all components must be attached to the same HQ.

I'm just a dumb JFB though. What do I know.

Edit: One other thing. I would not attach to a restricted HQ. Then you would have to pay the PPs all over again to attach it to a non-restricted HQ. Figure out which unrestricted HQ you want and make sure they are all attached to that one.

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 9/8/2011 8:34:08 PM >

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 2
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 8:37:07 PM   
TommyG

Y
quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I believe all components must be attached to the same HQ.

]

Yes I know. For the 2d MAR DIV all elements are attached to Pacific Ocean Areas, all are in the same hex, but the build button is greyed out.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 8:38:04 PM   
ADB123

quote:

ORIGINAL: TommyG

It is June 42 and I have all the elements of the 1st and 2d Marine divisions on Nouema, but I can not build them into divisions. The 1st Mar div has all elements attached to Pacific Areas but the build unit button is greyed out. The 2d Mar Div inactive parent unit is attached to the restricted West Coast. all the bdes are Pacif Areas. Both have astericks next to the inactive parent units name.

I do not have the PPs to convert all the brigades to West Coast before I assemble the 2d Mar div, and then I would have to reassign the div to another hq in order to move it, again costing tons of PP. And, if I convert the entire div to West Coast, what guarantee do I have that it will not be one of those dreaded white restricted units that can never go anywhere ever, or just be greyed out, like the 1st Mar Div? Nouema is size 6 with 100k supply and the 1st Amph Hq. Version is most recent public beta (p I think).

Thanks for any assistance.

Change all of the units to "Pacific Areas" and then send them all to Noumea. (Don't change them to any Restricted Command.) You can only reassemble ground (or air) units when they are all under the same command and in the same physical location.

Now, if one of the sub-units has upgraded a bit and has a slightly different TOE then you won't be able to reassemble it either until all of the units are at the same TOE level.

It is generally better to reassemble units back in some large, well-supplied main base that is away from the Front, and then ship the assembled unit to where you want it.

Good luck -

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 4
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 8:38:49 PM   
Mike Solli

Is "Pacific Ocean Areas" a HQ? I really am a JFB and have never opened the game up from the Allied side.

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 5
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 9:09:11 PM   
Graymane

Make sure they are all the same mode as well. Like Combat. They can't be in strat mode.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 9:23:10 PM   
TommyG

All are in the same mode: combat
That TOE issue sounds promising. How do I verify that?
Will it help to move South Pacific Hq to Nouema; or should I move the whole bunch of them to Sydney or Auckland?

(in reply to Graymane)
Post #: 7
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 9:28:44 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Open up each unit and check to see if some of the equipment/squads are different (ex. different types of artillery pieces).

quote:

Will it help to move South Pacific Hq to Nouema; or should I move the whole bunch of them to Sydney or Auckland?

That shouldn't matter

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 8
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 9:42:47 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

That depends entirely on how good a time you want them to have on liberty!

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

"Quit whining and play the game. Or go home". My 7th grade baseball coach. It applies well to WITP AE players.

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 9
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 10:13:53 PM   
wdolson

The HQ of the inactive HQ shouldn't matter.  What is the most common problem with combining elements is the TOE problem.  If one of the elements started upgrading and the others didn't, you won't be able to put together the parent unit until all elements are upgraded to the same level.

The most frequent upgrade I've seen are guns.  One element might have 105mm howitzers in the same slot where the others have 75s for example.  The devices have to be exactly the same slot for slot or it won't upgrade.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 10
RE: building marine divisions - 9/8/2011 11:20:00 PM   
TommyG

Does the asterisk in front of the parent element's name (*1st marine Division inactive) mean anything?

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 11
RE: building marine divisions - 9/9/2011 4:24:06 AM   
Commander Cody

One thing that's screwed me up before is a fragment on a boat or somewhere else. I would check each regiment to make sure it's intact (going from memory, hit the "OOB" button or whatever it is in the lower left corner).

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 12
RE: building marine divisions - 9/9/2011 4:45:36 AM   
Sredni

There was a bug at some point where one of the fragments might think it was moving somewhere even though it wasn't, if you're on an old build it might be that. Though now that I think about it that bug might have prevented upgrades, and not rebuilds. Anyways either way, the way to fix it was to give all the units move orders and then cancel them all. Worth a shot.

Honestly though the most likely thing is you have upgraded pieces in the TOE of one fragment that doesn't match the others. Or a fragment somewhere that got separated. Like if you moved them somewhere but the boats didn't load one last radar piece or AA or whatever and it got left behind.

(in reply to TommyG)
Post #: 13
RE: building marine divisions - 9/9/2011 2:42:34 PM   
Itdepends

Look for double asterix next to one (or more) devices in the TOE of one of the fragments.

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 14
RE: building marine divisions - 9/9/2011 8:36:21 PM   
TommyG

Thanks for all the help. This forum is great.
waiting an an arty upgrade for 2d Mar Div. 6th Marines has a fragment on a boat, stopping 1st Mar Div build.

< Message edited by TommyG -- 9/9/2011 8:37:08 PM >

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 15
RE: building marine divisions - 9/10/2011 5:12:24 PM   
Blackhorse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Is "Pacific Ocean Areas" a HQ? I really am a JFB and have never opened the game up from the Allied side.

Yes. "Pacific Fleet" HQs is renamed "Pacific Ocean Areas" (POA) in April, 1942.

IRL, POA was the parent HQ overseeing the USN North Pacific, Central Pacific, and South Pacific HQs. Nimitz was "double-hatted": commanding POA and directly commanding the subordinate CenPac.

With the HQ structure in AE, NorPac and SoPac are separate command HQs, since there are no "subordinate" naval HQs in the code.

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> building marine divisions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI