Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

.AZP files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Mods and Scenarios >> .AZP files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
.AZP files - 9/6/2011 7:27:39 PM   
TAIL_GUNNER

A coupla questions...

1. Are all the .AZP files inter-compatible between LSA and TLD? Meaning can I copy the TLD files over to the LSA engine with no hacking required?

2. Adding a gun to Guns.azp....can I use a unique filename or does it have to replace one of the original graphics?

Thanks for help..
ChadG
Post #: 1
RE: .AZP files - 9/7/2011 12:16:11 PM   
RD_Oddball

The AZP files are inter-compatible as a file format. You need to make sure all the data matches up though.

Unique file names are allowed as long as all the data in the rest of the game matches up. Repacking a file with unique names requires the AZP text file to be modified so the repack process knows to expect that new file.

The limitation on the number of entries the AZP can have is determined by the data limits.

(in reply to TAIL_GUNNER)
Post #: 2
RE: .AZP files - 9/8/2011 2:26:48 AM   
TAIL_GUNNER

Thanks for the reply Oddball...though I'm not sure what you mean by "AZP text file to be modified"?

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 3
RE: .AZP files - 9/8/2011 4:01:06 AM   
xe5

Oddball is flaunting his old school colors. SgtWilson's ancient Xtank tool created a text file containing vehicle filenames, hull and turret offsets when it unpacked .azp files. You pointed Xtank at the text file to repack the .azp file from the graphics in the text file's folder. Mafi's more recent RTB tool uses a different unpack/repack methodology.

(in reply to TAIL_GUNNER)
Post #: 4
RE: .AZP files - 9/8/2011 2:58:41 PM   
RD_Oddball

Sorry Xe5 is right. I was unintentionally mixing operation from an old editor. To add a new vehicle with RTB tool you just need to create a appropriately named folder of TGA files for the new vehicle entry with a corresponding hotspot txt file. That hotspot txt file can be one from another vehicle. When you select the TGA -> TEX function in RTB tool a new *.tex file is created for that vehicle then you can edit the hotspots in the hotspot text file after you load your newly created tex file back into RTB tool. Less likely to have errors that way.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 9/8/2011 3:06:22 PM >

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 5
RE: .AZP files - 9/8/2011 3:02:05 PM   
RD_Oddball

I find it's easier to edit the hotspots in vehicle shadow edit tool that Mafi created since it shows all the elements together at one time, accurately. Counting pixels in Photoshop can be a headache.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 9/8/2011 3:07:49 PM >

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 6
RE: .AZP files - 9/9/2011 12:02:47 AM   
TAIL_GUNNER

Cool, thanks for the help!

(in reply to RD_Oddball)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Mods and Scenarios >> .AZP files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI