Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

climate zones - identifying

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> climate zones - identifying Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
climate zones - identifying - 9/5/2011 5:49:15 PM   
jreid

Is there a way to tell the climate (e.g. arctic, termparate, tropical, sub-tropical) associated with a hex?

I know that only certain types of terrain can be in some areas (e.g. rice paddies and jungles in tropical), so for these types of hexes, you know that the climate is tropical.

But what about fields, plains, etc.?

How do you know if these are in arctic, temparate, tropical, etc. ?

I ask because I'd like to know where mud and snow are going to turn up in the next turn :)

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: climate zones - identifying - 9/5/2011 6:37:50 PM   
Webizen

Mud I believe will come first to the northern section of the map. In winter months that will turn to snow and mud will appear in the middle section. The southern section will remain temperate. I think that is basically how it works when "all weather" is chosen.

Tac2i

(in reply to jreid)
Post #: 2
RE: climate zones - identifying - 9/5/2011 7:03:04 PM   
Madlok

The manual pages: 21 and 64. You need to know climate settings for the random generator. And I think the zoning is simply spliting a map into equal parts.

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 3
RE: climate zones - identifying - 9/8/2011 9:45:51 PM   
lion_of_judah

i cannot find any detail information in the manual regarding making climate for scenarios, does anyone have any thoughts....

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> climate zones - identifying Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI