Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Woodlark invaded

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Woodlark invaded Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/11/2013 4:52:55 PM   
zuluhour

I can't remember how long it took for the Port Moresby garrison to make it to Terapo in my last PBEM, but it was something like a season!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1441
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/16/2013 7:57:47 PM   
DOCUP

12th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

Nothing has really been going on.

China
Same ol Same ol.

Burma
Moving troops into postion to attack.

Solomons
The BB SAG ran into Goodenough port and sank a bunch of barges. LCI was sunk when it hit a mine at Woodlark. We cleared 51 mines at Buna.

We hit a big AO with an exploding TT. She was last seen with heavy fires.

Marshall Islands
No bombings for a few days. In a few more days the AFs will be completely repaired and the engs will start working on the air base damage. I am thinking about moving back in if I can get the air bases repaired.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1442
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/16/2013 9:15:00 PM   
zuluhour

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

We hit a big AO with an exploding TT. She was last seen with heavy fires.

This would be much welcome news in the summer of '42.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1443
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/23/2013 12:14:14 AM   
DOCUP

17th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

Not much going on actually. Moving stuff around.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1444
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/24/2013 1:59:03 PM   
DOCUP

19th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
Sweep of Changsha does more harm to the japs than to us. Koniu loses 8 Tojos and 3 Georges for my 2 planes.

Burma
Big air battle on the 18th. Pic below are the loses for that day. We come out ahead. Our loses will be replaced in a few days. Ground troops are moving to engage the enemy. Koniu is responding. Pic below. I might see an opening to really mess with his troops. Recon shows Jap troops moving around now. We are moving on Ramree, Taung Gyi and just north of Bhamo.

Salamaua
We bomb an SNLF coy unit for 2 days annihilating it out by the looks of it.

Solomons
Helens have been damaging my subs quite often. I will need to find a way to deal with this.

MB
Koniu sends some bombers in at night to attack my ships. Not good my night fighters and flak deal with them accordingly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1445
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/24/2013 2:00:04 PM   
DOCUP

Total air loses and top pilots as of 19th Aug 43

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1446
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/24/2013 2:00:31 PM   
DOCUP

Burma

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1447
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/24/2013 4:43:36 PM   
JocMeister

Nice work!

So he has Franks active already. Thats pretty early! Its not a very good plane though and its not much to worry about. Just make sure you use Corsairs, Spits or P47s against them and you will come out on top every time. I have done well even with Hellcats against the Frank on occasion. Watch out for the later version of the Jack though. It has a very good climb and often have time to get above the sweeps. So whenever I encounter Jacks I send in the P47s. That always works!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1448
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/25/2013 12:19:03 AM   
DOCUP

Joc: Thanks. Corsairs have done the best so far in my book. Franks seem to go down pretty easy. The George is another story.

20th Aug 43

Burma
Koniu said he didn't see my troops moving to Taung Gyi. He was shocked to see my troops sitting there on the last turn. He has 1 ID a tank BDE and a bunch of supporting units. He does have atleast 1 ID probably 2 more moving to Taung Gyi. Tomorrow I will cross the river north of Bhamo. An ID with an inf BDE and 2 tank units will cross then move on the hex north of Bhamo. Japs have a tank rgt and an art unit there.

Ramree
I have 2 IDs plus several inf BDEs with a motor BDE moving together for this base.

Solomons
Helens still attacking my subs. Need to get rid of these pests.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1449
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/25/2013 6:04:30 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

Joc: Thanks. Corsairs have done the best so far in my book. Franks seem to go down pretty easy. The George is another story.

Was the same thing for me early on. Never quite got the P47s to deliver at first. I think it was due to the VERY high EXP in the Corsair units. After all they had been flying combat missions for the last 6 months. But eventually the P47s started delivering as well.

You have problems with the George? Thats a pretty crappy plane with a max speed of only 363. But its a IJN plane so its possible koniu have a pool of very good pilots and he put the best of them in the George? After all its miles better then the Zero.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1450
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/26/2013 10:33:19 PM   
DOCUP

I do believe Koniu has some good pilots in the George.

22nd Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
Going to crap. We just upgraded to 23p2. Now my Chinese soldiers are out of supply. I got a message this last turn that several of my Chinese LCUs were isolated and out of supply. There not cut off, they have open hexs to get supplies in. Jap troops are in the hex with them but no combat has been done for a long time. If they all start to retreat then I am going to be screwed. These units are tieing down several Jap IDs. Has anybody seen this?

Burma
Troops moving on both sides.

Normanby Isand
Almost 200 Georges sweep. He would of picked my worst defended base. I only had Hurri's, Kitty III's, and P40K's on CAP. Not that great of results. We do take down 7 for 32 of our own. Plus these weren't my best pilots.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1451
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/27/2013 10:50:01 PM   
DOCUP

23 Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
Urumchi
I have surrounded a Jap tank rgt. I have 2 Chinese inf BDEs there. I have been debating if I should attack.

Burma
The hex south of Taung Gyi shows only 2 Jap units. 660 troops and 24 guns. I have no idea what these units are. I have reconned this hex for several days now and its been the same. I have an Aussie ID with a half strength Chinese Corp with armor moving to it. It just popped into the open hex today. I have sent a CAP trap just incase Koniu wants to get frisky. If I can take this hex, I can cut off Taung Gyi main supply route. 33rd Id just moved into Taung Gyi giving the Japs 2 IDs in at that base. He might try and move one of them south.

Solomons
Salamaua just changed hands to our side today. I guess my coast watcher took the base by himself. 2 small TFs are sitting just a few just north of Woodlark and Normanby Islands. Koniu has done this a few times. I think they are CAP traps. I am going to try and hit one of them with a CA SAG.

Marshalls
Little Jap bombing in the past week or so. In a few more days they may become completely operational.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1452
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/27/2013 11:14:23 PM   
zuluhour

You appear to be progressing nicely. Well done Joe!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1453
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/27/2013 11:26:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

I do believe Koniu has some good pilots in the George.

22nd Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
Going to crap. We just upgraded to 23p2. Now my Chinese soldiers are out of supply. I got a message this last turn that several of my Chinese LCUs were isolated and out of supply. There not cut off, they have open hexs to get supplies in. Jap troops are in the hex with them but no combat has been done for a long time. If they all start to retreat then I am going to be screwed. These units are tieing down several Jap IDs. Has anybody seen this?

Burma
Troops moving on both sides.

Normanby Isand
Almost 200 Georges sweep. He would of picked my worst defended base. I only had Hurri's, Kitty III's, and P40K's on CAP. Not that great of results. We do take down 7 for 32 of our own. Plus these weren't my best pilots.

Yes, I've been seeing it under a prior patch. I forget which patch the messages began under, but they are just messages. After all, my units were all already at zero supply!

I don't think you should worry about those messages.

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1454
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/27/2013 11:28:28 PM   
DOCUP

These units had supply before the patch and then none. But thanks witpqs.

Thanks Kurt.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1455
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/27/2013 11:30:20 PM   
zuluhour

I do show on one screen (China) a base has 20 supply and needs 1198. When I look at the units however they show full supply. Now I'm uncertain as to what's up.

ps. I wish Terry had continued our game as we could compare notes more closely as our time frames were/would be very close. I was looking forward to chatting about late war strategy with you.

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 8/27/2013 11:32:18 PM >

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1456
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/28/2013 10:59:59 PM   
DOCUP

Kurt: Troops get supplies before the base does. I'll talk about later war strategy. God knows I need some help.

24th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
Jap units bombard all over the western lines. Causing more damage to themselves than me. I ordered a DA at Urumchi tomorrow. Lets see how this goes.

Burma
IR and art unit have been identified one hex south of Taung Gyi. My troops are advancing on their position. So far recon hasn't seen them yet. Lets hope this holds out. Be a great shock to Koniu.

Bangkok
We go after man power points and start over 4k fires.
Solomons
We didn't catch up to the TF above Normanby Island. Didn't figure we would but worth a try.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1457
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/28/2013 11:00:50 PM   
DOCUP

Oh is anyone having problems with ACMs not taking care of minefields. I have watched one of my fields go from 120 to 98 this last turn with an ACM disbanded in port no damage and has fuel.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1458
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/28/2013 11:52:41 PM   
zuluhour

That's a big drop for one turn, however I would wait a turn or so to see if the ACM replenishes the field. I think they do this.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1459
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/29/2013 1:18:25 AM   
DOCUP

Kurt: They have been going down for several turns now.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1460
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/29/2013 1:29:23 AM   
zuluhour

Nobody else is chiming in so I'll suggest rightly or wrongly, does it have supply? (ACM)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1461
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/29/2013 1:35:01 AM   
DOCUP

Yes. It has everything. Supply at the base, fuel, disbanded in the port, and no damage. It is one of the YMS converted into an ACM.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 1462
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/29/2013 6:49:57 AM   
JocMeister

Sorry Docup I have no idea. After seeing 2 MASSIVE BB TFs sail right through 350 mines without a single hit I gave up on mines defensively.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1463
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/29/2013 3:52:03 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Sorry Docup I have no idea. After seeing 2 MASSIVE BB TFs sail right through 350 mines without a single hit I gave up on mines defensively.

I concur with that kind of experience. And, I have had a single sub laid mine field in the Strait of Malacca sink a CA in one go! At friendly bases, those defensive mine fields are, AFAIK, presumed to be within some distance of the base. Seem most useful against invasions and certainly are useful against marauding subs. Surface bombardment groups get the option to bombard from a given distance. A wise player would not send BBs too close to shore when bombarding - they might hit mines!

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 1464
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/30/2013 12:16:06 AM   
DOCUP

Thanks guys. I agree with you all on the mines.

25th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

China
We attack at Urumchi. We get a 1 to 1 but come out with 13 disabled squads for nothing. So they will rest a bit.

Burma
I guess Koniu did see my troops in the open. He sweeps and finds nothing. I had stood down my fighters due to high fatigue. His bombers do get caught up in my flak though. The hex east of Mandalay only has a Jap tank rgt. I have and Id and a Tank BDE. So I am attacking tomorrow. I have real tanks.

Solomons
2 Jap 2 DD TFs go after PT boats. Fergusson Island was the first to get hit. DDs and PT boats fought 3 different times with no loses. The next was Normanby Island. The DDs sank all 12 PT boats. They are still at those islands. I am going to try and go after them with my SAG. I see a 4 ship TF 6 hexs from Buna. I wonder if this is another CAP trap or a TF to go after the PT boats there.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1465
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/30/2013 4:32:10 PM   
DOCUP

26th Aug 43

I only have the CR.

Carriers unknown

China
Bombed.

Burma
Jap bombers attack my ships at night. Kates, Jills, and Helens all attack and do nothing. We bombard Ramree Island damageing a port that hasn't been built yet. Our ships shoot down several and damage many more.

Solomons
Our SAG runs into both DD TFs. We sink 1 DD and leave another with heavy damage. The other two are shot at and missed. Our SAG runs into a BB SAG and sinks an Omaha class CL and DD. We bomb Wau and tear up a SNLF coy.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1466
RE: Woodlark invaded - 8/30/2013 6:04:46 PM   
DOCUP

Oh yea for got to report this.

Ground combat at 60,46 (near Mandalay)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 6498 troops, 54 guns, 322 vehicles, Assault Value = 340

Defending force 645 troops, 0 guns, 95 vehicles, Assault Value = 53

Allied adjusted assault: 159

Japanese adjusted defense: 130

Allied assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
Vehicles lost 17 (4 destroyed, 13 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
36 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
255th Armoured Brigade
26th Indian Brigade

Defending units:
2nd Tank Regiment

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1467
Combat - 8/31/2013 6:55:06 PM   
DOCUP

27th Aug 43

Burma
Japs sweep and try to bomb my units moving to cut off Taung Gyi. 45 Georges and 45 Franks sweep, they meet my rag tag group. Air lost list show 13 Georges lost and 11 Franks, I watched the replay and bet its a little bit higher. 36 Helens are shot down also. We lose 14 Hellcats, 14 Hurri IIc, 13 P40K, 11 P39s, 4 P40N, and 3 Corsairs. My pilots had high fatigue and on LRCAP. I hope that Koniu lost some good pilots. No ground troops were harmed in this action. We attack and for the tank rgt to retreat from the hex east of Mandalay.

Wotje
bombarded by 2 CAs and 2 CLs.

Solomons
Air ASW sinks another one of our subs

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1468
RE: Combat - 9/1/2013 5:58:40 PM   
DOCUP

28th Aug 43

Carriers unknown

Japs flex their muscles

China
Japan sweeps Changsha. The Chinese fighter jocks put up a good fight. Georges tear through the CAP then the bombers come in and plaster the runways. Jap LCUs are now moving on Changsha. I think this is a little late in the war to do an offensive in China. Changsha has 6 forts with over 3100K AV. Air Loses 14 P40Es, 9 Hurri IIc, 8 Lancers, 5 Vanguards. Japs lose 13 Georges (6 A2A), a Nick and a Tojo.

Burma
Japs sweep everywhere and meet no fighters. They bomb our troops but do little damage.

Solomons
Swept but no air combat.

Maloelap
bombared.

I also see that I have show down a bunch of Francis's and Helens.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1469
RE: Combat - 9/1/2013 10:37:28 PM   
zuluhour

How many Libs and Forts are in India/Burma?
What is your amphibious lift ability for the Indian Ocean?
Is this a primary theater for you in so far as offensive actions are concerned?
Asking because I have already bought out additional air assets (July '42) for the AO and am contemplating some ground forces as well in early '43. What keeps me in limbo is the long transit times of the transports and the terrain of southeast Asia in general. Oh yeah, and not to mention I'm losing China and substantial part of Australia now.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 1470
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Woodlark invaded Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI