Matrix Games Forums

Ageod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Thrilla in Manila

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Thrilla in Manila Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/14/2011 10:17:50 PM   
DOCUP

KB Location Coming down into the Java sea.

I need to learn my leason guys.  I gave him a redo and lost Force Z.  I did this in our last game and lost 2 carriers.    Force Z was hiding trying to ambush the CVTF if it decided to come out from Ambon area.   A 2 DD TF came out frist, put one long lance into each of my BB, and BC these same 2 DDs put around 30 rounds into them also.  Only one of the DDs took a hit and it was from one of the DDs. He also violated our HRs again.  the ampib force I caught at Ambon.  He dropped the survivors off in a non base hex. 

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 31
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/14/2011 11:14:18 PM   
zuluhour

We have a do over clause also, but involves around CVTF with squadrons set to train. I will not ask him to do over anything I do and I hope he would not want a do over because he did not like his move. Sound like a cover up. ssshhh. Kick the Nip!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 32
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/15/2011 2:25:41 PM   
DOCUP

Well he sent me an email after I went to work.  Stating he was sorry for the redo and the lose of Force Z.  He was really tore up.  Even stated that he wouldn't hold it againist me if I quit the game.  I am not quitting the game.  He did offer to take the turn before the redo.  I kinda would like to see what would of happened.  Maybe force z wouldn't of got its ass kiced by 2 DDs.  But I don't know. I was a lil angry yesterday, mostly at myself for not saying no.   It dosen't help that I just quit smoking cold turkey.  I am on Day 3.  its time for bed.  Oh and my vacation starts today

doc

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 33
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/15/2011 4:39:51 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

KB Location Coming down into the Java sea.

I need to learn my leason guys.  I gave him a redo and lost Force Z.  I did this in our last game and lost 2 carriers.    Force Z was hiding trying to ambush the CVTF if it decided to come out from Ambon area.   A 2 DD TF came out frist, put one long lance into each of my BB, and BC these same 2 DDs put around 30 rounds into them also.  Only one of the DDs took a hit and it was from one of the DDs. He also violated our HRs again.  the ampib force I caught at Ambon.  He dropped the survivors off in a non base hex. 

doc

I am really really lucky my opponet is more into the game than winning. Redo ... disregard for house rules ... sounds like winning is more important than playing .. the game consumes a lot of time .. to me that time has to be fulfilling .. just my thoughts ..

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 34
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/16/2011 2:39:48 AM   
DOCUP

Koniu is a good opponent.  I think he made some mistakes.  I made some in our first PBEM and learned from them.  He is just now learning the mistakes that I learned at his hands. 

KB location east of Palemburg.

PI
He has captured several more bases.  Not much besides air strikes and his armys moving towards Manila and Clark.

Malaya
He has landed at Mershing. I'm in danger of having alot of troops cut off if they don't start moving.  I might not be able to get the Aussie units out.

DEI
I lost 2 Dutch CLs and 4 Dutch DDs.  I thought his SAG was an amphib TF heading to Palemburg.  One CL and 2 DDs were lost to the SAG the rest to the KB. 

The AI did kinda corrupt me.  But I need to learn how to play right.  Also it's so fun.  I need to think more before I make moves.  It always seems like I am a day late and a dollar short. 
More tom.

doc

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 35
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/16/2011 7:50:45 PM   
DOCUP

Ok guys. Koniu offered me a redo on that turn. What should I do? I don't know. Help me out guys. yes or no

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 36
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/16/2011 10:42:15 PM   
DOCUP

No redo.  I will kick his ass without Force Z anyways. 

KB Location east of Palemburg.

PI
Typical stuff.  Airstrikes and landings.  Japs are moving towards Manila and Clark.  I have one unit cut off and disorg.  Another unit is trying to flee into a jungle hex and make it to Manila.  I have been able to get some shipping out of Manila to freedom.  Most of the HK ships made it and showed the ones in Manila the way to go.  No forts have been built at Manila or Clark.  He creates just enough damage to keep me from building them. Still evac'ing the BFs out. Just about got one completely out(minus the heavy stuff).

Malaya
He has landed at Mershing.  He can cut off several hundred AVs to the north.  I am moving forces as fast as I can south.  He bombs all my units so it might be hard.  Singers forts are going up.  It has about 480 AV.  I want to get the 2 Aussie units out and there about 200 AV.  Dang it. 

DEI
Still airlifting units around.  Trying to get as many Dutch units to Palemburg as possible.  Lost the 2 CLs and 4 DDs.  I need to back up a lil and stop being so aggressive. 

Nothing is going on in the Pacific. 

Ok guys Monday I will be leaving for vacation.  Do Not trash my thread.  I will return sunday and will hopefully post that monday.  I will either be engaged or single.  I am taking a nap now.  please say something its getting lonely again.  Also I'm leaving the light on for anyone who gets lost and needs a place to stay.

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 37
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/16/2011 11:28:59 PM   
House Stark

Well, the good thing about Allies is that you don't really need a redo. Also, in not taking it you can gain cred with your opponent in case you need a redo or something similar later.

Do you have any plans for using the BBs spared at Pearl?

Oh, and good luck!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 38
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 12:20:11 AM   
DOCUP

Welcome House Stark.  Actually, I just sent 2 BB TFs out.  One is heading up towards Wake it will hang back a little bit.  The other one is heading south towards Pago Pago.  I may redirect it towards Rabaul if I know where the KB and most of the mini KB is.  I am going to make some secret bases for my CVTFs and BB TFs so they don't have to go back to PH as much.  I don't know where yet.  I do have some ideas need to take a look at the map. 

Yea I should have Credit.  But I think he wants to start anew with no redos or anything now.  I don't know.  We will see.  I kinda wished I would of took it.  I could of saved 10 war ships.  But I don't need them in the long haul of the game.  Carriers will meet back at PH then set out again.  They will hang back behind my MLR and wait to pounce on a TF.  More later

doc

(in reply to House Stark)
Post #: 39
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 1:24:42 AM   
zuluhour

Have a great vacation! Make sure you slip her the ring before you slip her........

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 40
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 4:22:18 AM   
DOCUP

LOL Zulu. Ok was going to post some screenies but it wont let me says somthing about fake path or something. Oh well am going to bed.

doc

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 41
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 4:44:45 AM   
Alfred

quote:

Welcome House Stark.  Actually, I just sent 2 BB TFs out.  One is heading up towards Wake it will hang back a little bit.  The other one is heading south towards Pago Pago.  I may redirect it towards Rabaul if I know where the KB and most of the mini KB is.  I am going to make some secret bases for my CVTFs and BB TFs so they don't have to go back to PH as much.  I don't know where yet.  I do have some ideas need to take a look at the map. 

Yea I should have Credit.  But I think he wants to start anew with no redos or anything now.  I don't know.  We will see.  I kinda wished I would of took it.  I could of saved 10 war ships.  But I don't need them in the long haul of the game.  Carriers will meet back at PH then set out again.  They will hang back behind my MLR and wait to pounce on a TF.  More later

doc

To make it worthwhile, your "secret port" should be sized 6 otherwise you won't be able to restock your flight sorties. Smaller ports will suffice if you have sufficient naval support present.

As to the restart offer, there is much to commend it. You have only just started this campaign and there will always be a niggling doubt about the redo which led to the demise of Force z plus the couple of occurances where you believed the HRs were disregarded.

A restart allows for a fresh slate and for a strict application of no further redos etc.

Alfred

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 42
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 4:56:57 AM   
zuluhour

quote:

A restart allows for a fresh slate and for a strict application of no further redos etc.

and quite the gentlman approach.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 43
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/17/2011 10:32:31 PM   
DOCUP

Thanks again Alfred I forgot about that.  I do believe him in that the 2 small violations of teh HRs were accidents.  You are right I have that nagging feeling that I should of took the redo.  I could of saved those warships.  I keep trying to tell myself that I will get them back ten fold.  I like Koniu this makes our second game together.  Anyways the redo is done.  It will just nag at me.

Dec 15th

KB still south of Singers.

PI
The P26s actually hit some ships today.  I'm sending them out again tom.  Manila is still jacked up.  No forts.  So all is moving to Clark.  More ships keep escaping PI.   I found a hole and I'm pushing all that i can thru it.  My PT boats don't see anything again.  He is now placing small DD TFs infront of my PTs.  So I am starting to withdraw them. 

Malaya
I might be able to get most of my units down to Singers.   I need the KB to leave the area so I can pull out the Aussie units.  I lost 20 Bufs over singers today.  Only 4 Zeros shot down. 
Singers now has almost 700 AV. 

DEI
A CL TF raided Palemburg.  They got 4 AKLs.  Some how they missed all the mines that have been laid down along that river.  There was 150 in Palemburg and 75 in the other hex.  Oh well.

PH
Lots of subs again. 

Nothing going on any where else.  I am moving troops, supplies, and the lot to various bases.  Trying to get ready for him.   I still can't get my screen shots to come up.  I don't know why. 

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 44
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/18/2011 12:39:47 AM   
DOCUP

Have I said I hate waiting on a turn.  I know I won't get it till tom but, I can hope.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 45
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/18/2011 3:24:22 AM   
zuluhour

You have to save them "as" (I use JPEG) and this is probably not the easy way, but I put a letter in the box, post it, than go back and hit the edit for the post, and uploads work.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 46
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/18/2011 3:31:58 AM   
DOCUP

Thanks Zulu. Air war results.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 47
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/18/2011 3:32:40 AM   
DOCUP

Battle of Ambon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 48
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/18/2011 3:56:55 PM   
DOCUP

Dec 16th.

KB heading northeast from Singers. 

PI
Not much.  Its been few days since Clark and Manila have been bombed and they still have runway or port damage.  Eng are in combat mode.  More of the PI ships are getting out.  

Malaya
His army at Mersing are on the move.  I set my bombers to attack and try to slow them up.  It looks like I will get most of the units from up north down to Singers.  The few that I don't I might try and airlift out to Java.  The 22nd Aussie brigade is loading on ships right now.  Other ships are coming to get the rest of the 22nd and the 27th out. 

DEI
Nothing. He has a 2 DD TF and CL TF by Taraken (sp).  I have a few ships in the area trying to make their escape.

The rest of the map is quiet. 

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 49
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/19/2011 1:57:42 AM   
DOCUP

Dec 17th

KB N east of Singers.

PI
Got some bombs on a few of his transports.  Hopefully they will hang around for another day.  I think I'll be able to sink one maybe two of them.  Show down 4 Nates.  He found my secret passage, and sank 3 APs, TK, AO, Aks.  He also got the CL Marblehead and a DD.  For no loses to his own.

Malaya
A good Portion of the 22nd got out.  I don't think I will be able to get 2 Indian brigades south.  The rest will prob make it.  I might try to fly them out.  i dont know.

DEI
Quiet

Nothing anywhere else.   I was able to install AE with the patch on the GFUs laptop.  I will try and get the beta on there also.  Lets hope that I do this without her knowing or the KB (thats her initals by the way) will sink my ass.

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 50
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/20/2011 8:28:49 PM   
zuluhour

Let me get this straight. You asked her to marry you so you could play witp-ae on her laptop (without her knowing)? Man thats logistics!

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 51
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/21/2011 4:01:15 AM   
DOCUP

I haven't asked her yet, that comes thur. I put it on here without her knowing it. I wasnt going to do it, until she said she was taking her laptop for facebook. Game on then.

18th Dec

KB east of Singers

PI
Nothing different. Something has been weird. I had one base in the PI say it was in Jap hands next turn it was back in mine. I have another one like that this turn.

Malaya
I missed an golden chance to slaughter some Bettys and Nells. Only one of my Buff's flew he did shoot down 2 and damaged 3 Nells. Now I am going out on a limb. I have several units stuck north of singers. He has been bombing them daily. I have sent fighters up that way. Hoping to spring an ambush the bases are on RR so I should be able to get them all back to Singers. The 2 problems with that is. 1. He has been on the move at Mersing (I did do ground bomb on the 17th). 2. Singers has no CAP. I rebased a Wildebeast (sp) at Singers. There are 3 Jap amphib TFs coming towards Mershing. I have 2 of my fighter groups sweeping Mersing. Then my T planes will go in (thats the plan). Lets hope his troops dosen't move to the next hex at Mersing and he dosen't bomb the hell out of Singers. I don't think that the troops would be able to travel 46 kms in 3 turns even with the good roads. God hope I am right. If not I might be out a few planes. Again my big ideas will have got me in trouble. I should play it safe but, I see a chance here. If I am wrong, I have a little bit of time to change my plans. Let me know he can move that fast. I don't know if he as fast troops at Mersing.

DEI
Hmm not much. Moving men, ships, fuel and beer around.

Thats it for now. God I hope I didn't screw up again.

doc

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 52
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/22/2011 8:21:51 PM   
DOCUP

19th Dec

KB is 5 hexs above Kuching and moveing east. I have been watching its fighers go from around the 120s down to 80s at the moment. He has been running constand LRCAP's and Sweeps. I was able to get 1 Aussie brigade out. The other will make the run tonite.

PI
He has Batangas, Iba and Linagyen. Clark got bombed last nite so no fort building. It only has a 1 fort and 912 AV. The fighter units will stay for a lil while longer. Bataan is 75% to fort 3 with 412 AV. Manila is being evac'd. I will hold up on Clark and Bataan. I will try and half my AV strength between these 2 bases for the eventual battles. Intel shows that there is a TF of 3 APDs heading towards Zamoanga. I have a PT TF there with 0% moonlight. Maybe I can get something. I bet I loose several PTs and don't do anything to him. Doing good with pulling out the BFs

Malaya
Well he did move to the hex next to Mersing. So now I have 10 Buffs trapped along with 2 Indian brigades. One of those brigades is banged up pretty well. If I only had one more day for the RR to be open. I am going to try and fly in some AS to help fix the Buffs. I will try and airlift out as much of the Indian units as possible. Singers is just above 3 forts with 600 AV.

DEI
Palemburg 65% to fort 2 with 146 AV and 120 on it's way. Ambon is 33% to fort 2 with 86 AV. I am moving troops around trying to get them to places I want to defend.

India/Burma/China
Moving troops around.

Today is E Day. In roughly 2 hours I will ruin my life and ask my GFU to marry me.

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 53
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/22/2011 8:38:10 PM   
zuluhour

Make sure you divert supply from Manila to Clark or Bataan first.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 54
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/22/2011 9:52:02 PM   
DOCUP

Already done Zulu. Lets talk a lil bit here folks.

Koniu. Hmm from our last game he gives me the impression of being a confident and competent opponent. I didn't expect him to bomb Manila. Interesting play on his part he did get inside my OODA loop there. I think the invastion of Ambon, was him trying to do a deep probe early and again mess with my loop. Well I messed with his on that one. He really hasn't been back to the area. He hasn't showed any interests in the Solomons yet. No TFs near Wake either. I need to check the reports and stuff when I get home but I don't think he has overwhelming forces in either PI or Malaya. I am wondering if he is putting enough forces at both to just hold me there. If he does this in Malaya, I will evac units out of Singers. I do not see him using any of the AFs in the few bases he has taken. I don't understand this. His air attacks have been deadly. I don't think these guys miss.

Well it's time to leave and do my think t-minus 1 hr.

doc

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 55
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/22/2011 9:59:50 PM   
zuluhour

figures. Its the only advice I've ever offered.
I would like to see your air to air figures around Jan 1 though.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 56
RE: Thrilla in Manila - 9/23/2011 3:11:35 AM   
DOCUP

SHE SAID YES To going to the USS North Carolina.

Oh yea I am engaged now too lol

Zulu advise away buddy. I will consider whatever anyone says in here. I also like your avatar Zulu. Did you serve in the Old Ironsides?

Ok time to do newly engaged stuff
doc

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 57
Commerical - 9/23/2011 5:55:29 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

SHE SAID YES To going to the USS North Carolina.

Oh yea I am engaged now too lol

Zulu advise away buddy. I will consider whatever anyone says in here. I also like your avatar Zulu. Did you serve in the Old Ironsides?

Ok time to do newly engaged stuff
doc

[Commerical]

Hey Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Willmington overlooks the USS North Carolina .. it is a great dinner and sitting outside has a great view of the great BB ..

[/Commerical]

Ok back to the war

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 58
RE: Want some candy, come inside - 9/23/2011 8:26:44 PM   
DOCUP

Hey guys.

Sitting here waiting on either a game turn or my turn to get into the shower. So I figured I'd stop by and BS a lil bit. It's been a nice vacation so far. A lil cloudy I have been without a cig for 10 days now.

I think I might change my plans some. I was going to pull back to India/Burma border without a fight I think I will fight, but not to hard just enough to make him earn it. I am thinking of bringing up and ind inf rgt to wake and beef it up. Then maybe an AS and turn it into a sub base. I want to wait and see what he does. I'm biding my time for when I can pull those P 38s out of restricted units and put them to good use. I took a look at alot of the starting Eng units they really need replacements bad. I never looked that close before. When I get home I'll post some more screen shots. Hopefully I will have had something good to post.

doc

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 59
RE: Want some candy, come inside - 9/24/2011 8:42:59 PM   
DOCUP

20th Dec

KB location just west of Palemburg.

Big E took a torp 2 days out of Pearl. Sys 11 Flt 36 (21 major) Eng 10 (5 major). She was hit at nite and had 2 squadrons on ASW with 8 DDs. His damn sub recon planes have found my routed into and out of Pearl. I am wondering if I should convert some of the old DDs into DEs and not as many APDs.

PI
Same Ol Same Ol. He bombed Clark for very little. I starfed and bombed a few ships. The last surface ships from PI got caught. PG Tulsa is the last survivor.

Malaya
He bombed Singers. My planed again did not attack his fleet at Mersing. I am not happy with that. I will give it another try tom. If not I will leave that commander to rot in a Jap POW camp. A Dutch sub sank a large fast AP off Mershing with some troops on board. I am happy with that.

DEI
KB made a raid. She got alot of AMc's and 2 AKLs. It could of been worse. If he would of had his units on Nav Attack he would of got some good ships now they are running for there lives. He also has atleast one surface raiding group by Kendri and it looks like he is going to send a small downn to Balikapapan (sp). I am moving a TF with Houston, Boise and 6 DDs to the area. I am moving some ships from Rabaul area to Ambon to help out.

China
He is moving towards Yenan. I believe he is putting his forces into place or atleast that is what I am thinking. My forces are still moving.

More later

doc

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Thrilla in Manila Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI