Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Japanese Ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Japanese Ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Japane... - 8/26/2011 1:40:18 AM   
dereck

I'm posting this here instead of the modding forum since I'm thinking more people will read this ...

I'm looking for some suggestions/advice from all of you who play the Japanese. I'm modifying a scenario which I intend to play only as the Allies against the Japanese AI. The AI will upgrade ships but it will not convert ships. I'm thinking it may be beneficial to the AI if I simulate conversions by setting certain classes to upgrade to a conversion class.

The only problem is I have never played the Japanese so I wouldn't have a clue which classes to "convert" and which ones not to.

If I compile a list of the binds would there be anybody out there willing to help me determine which ones to "convert" or not?

Thanks

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
Post #: 1
RE: Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Ja... - 8/26/2011 4:30:33 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: dereck

I'm posting this here instead of the modding forum since I'm thinking more people will read this ...

I'm looking for some suggestions/advice from all of you who play the Japanese. I'm modifying a scenario which I intend to play only as the Allies against the Japanese AI. The AI will upgrade ships but it will not convert ships. I'm thinking it may be beneficial to the AI if I simulate conversions by setting certain classes to upgrade to a conversion class.

The only problem is I have never played the Japanese so I wouldn't have a clue which classes to "convert" and which ones not to.

If I compile a list of the binds would there be anybody out there willing to help me determine which ones to "convert" or not?

Thanks

Why don't you just use Tracker to show you the converts from the bindings ...

As I don't know what the AI uses or doesn't need to use - I'm not sure this is an exercise in futility. IF the AI plays by the rules then it is a worthwhile undertaking, otherwise it isn't. And if it does play by the rules (which it does differently with repairs anyway), will it use them effectively and in locations necessary? Or just place them in Tokyo bay ?

As for a list of conversions - why don't you just skip the middleman and have them enter as Tenders? Determine the number of each class you think reasonable and have them enter service throughout the War.

Let us know what happens

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Ja... - 8/26/2011 5:50:33 AM   
Cribtop

A few ARs and AKEs will help.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Ja... - 8/26/2011 1:11:03 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

A few ARs and AKEs will help.

I go with a LOT of those. Then I add a few AV and AS. Depends entirely on your strategy and somewhat on your tactics. AG can be helpful as well.

Pax

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Ship Conversion Advice/Suggestions Requested for Japanese Ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI