Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to speed up the AI turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How to speed up the AI turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to speed up the AI turn - 8/22/2011 10:27:42 PM   
mariof2

Hi all,

Is there a way to speed up the AI turn, or is it just going to take that long to grind through all those calculations?

My PC is pretty decent:
I7 950 with 6 GB of RAM running on Win 7

As a side note, the AI turn flys by when I play WITP Admirals Edition.
Post #: 1
RE: How to speed up the AI turn - 8/23/2011 12:30:30 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: mariof2

Hi all,

Is there a way to speed up the AI turn, or is it just going to take that long to grind through all those calculations?

My PC is pretty decent:
I7 950 with 6 GB of RAM running on Win 7

As a side note, the AI turn flys by when I play WITP Admirals Edition.

1. Set message level to zero
2. Zoom all the way BACK (less time drawing lines and such)

(in reply to mariof2)
Post #: 2
RE: How to speed up the AI turn - 8/23/2011 3:25:43 AM   
johntoml56

+1; as above....takes 5 mins max when playing GC, except for the opening turn....gives you time to get a coffee...

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 3
RE: How to speed up the AI turn - 8/23/2011 10:47:33 AM   
delatbabel

Y'all 'r amateurs.

I started AI software development in the early 1980's, in fact one of my first computer related projects was a general heuristics (AI logic) in common lisp, along with a traffic simulation that would calculate optimum driving routes on a topographic map, much the same as in-car navigators do today (except taking hills into account). That's a fair amount of thinking for computers of that vintage, in fact RAM on the system was pretty much exhausted and so the second stage calculations went into video RAM (you could tell when the system was at that point because the screen would go funny).

End to end route planning on a decent sized topographic map would take anything up to 14 days.

The AI is remarkably fast in this game. Remember that a decent chess simulator can take 15 minutes or so to come up with one single move, and chess is a vastly less complicated game from an AI point of view than WitE.

--
Del

(in reply to johntoml56)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> How to speed up the AI turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI