An amateur Question about modding

Post new mods and scenarios here.
CarolusRex

An amateur Question about modding

Post by CarolusRex »

Hi, just started to have a look at possibilities to change the LSA game. Has found the Workbook and tries to get a grip about it.

Can someone give me a hint on how I for example can add a Tiger to KG Harder? (just as an example)

What file do I open? What row and column do I change? (I guess it can be several alternative columns as there is 15 slots?)

Is there a doc somewhere on the www that make includes a modding tutorial?

Thankful for any help

Rgds

Carolus
Deo favente
TAIL_GUNNER

RE: An amateur Question about modding

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

hello Carolus.

The file you want to focus on is called fpools.txt
AKA "Juggalo"
xe5

Post by xe5 »

To add a Tiger to KG Harder:

1. Make a backup of the \Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\DATA\BASE folder. Use these backup copies of the \DATA\BASE files to replace any edited \DATA\BASE files that, as a novice modder, youll inevitably FUBAR.

2. Open \Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\DATA\BASE\FPools.txt

3. Scroll to the data for KG Harder's force pool (row 342)

4. Change the -1 value (team class# = None) in column Q to 55 (team class# = Pz VIE Tiger) per the team class #s found in AxsTeams.txt column D.

5. Change the 0 quantity value in column R to 3. Quantity values are modified by the 5 difficulty multipliers (Recruit->Elite - 0.198;0.264;0.335;0.396;0.462) found at the beginning of FPools.txt. A quantity value of 3 ensures that at least one of that team type will be available regardless of the selected difficulty level. If the quantity is 1 that team type will only be available at Recruit difficulty.

6. Save the edited FPools.txt file

Attachments
KGHarder.gif
KGHarder.gif (7.9 KiB) Viewed 218 times
CarolusRex

Post by CarolusRex »

OK, thx.

I tried my way with the BGroup file?

What is the use of that file?

Is there any docs on the www that describes the realtion and use of the various files, save the workbook that is ggod but doesnt really expalin enough for a beginner?

Rgds

Carolus
Deo favente
xe5

Post by xe5 »

The primary purpose of the BGroups file is to define the default team types (not classes) that will be automatically selected to populate the BG's 15 team active roster. Team type values are defined in column F of the ALsTeams and AxsTeams files. The workbook header explains what particular team types those values represent.

No general CC modding guide that Im aware of. The basics are:
Weapons.txt class numbers (aka index numbers) in column B are used to specify what weapon(s) a Soldier has (Soldiers.txt columns H, I & J). Soldiers.txt class numbers in column A are used to specify which kinds of soldiers populate which kinds of teams (Teams.txt columns M - V). Vehicles.txt class numbers in column D are used to specify if a team has a vehicle (teams.txt column AH). Team class numbers (AlsTeams.txt & AxsTeams.txt column D) specify what kinds of teams are in a BG's force pool and what kinds of teams BG's will receive as reinforcements (FPools.txt & StaticBGs.txt).

Other than that, let the workbook be your guide and dont be afraid of the scientific method (trial and error). Most of the questions you'll encounter can be answered quickly and easily by plugging in different values, then testing for effect in-game.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks. I have another amateur question. Which file do we edit to make the Tiger more "affordable." I can't seem to find a "cost" line in any of the BASE folder files.
xe5

Post by xe5 »

The unit 'cost' seen on the Battlegroup screen prior to battle is automatically calculated by the game based on various factors such as number of soldiers, weapons, ammo, amount of armor etc. For example - reducing the PzVIE 88mm ammo load from 36 rounds AP & 48 rounds HE to 24 & 32 also reduces the cost of the PzVIE from 146 to 137.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I suspected that. After buffing up a mortar squad a while back in another CC game, I saw how expensive it got. However, I do believe it was not always this way and was changed in a patch for obvious reasons. But it does hurt the "cheater" in me. Shameful I know, but I used to like putting bigger guns on the Stuarts, etc.

Thanks for the response.
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Always been that way   :)
ImageImage
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Good to know. Of course, I could always make a certain tank gun more effective in the Weapons file. I'm sure that wouldn't raise the price on my experimental tank, would it?

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”