Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Europe Aflame PBEM Axis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Europe Aflame PBEM Axis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/16/2011 8:59:28 PM   
sapper32

Now then gents im playing EA again on the 3.4.202 patch,Im the Axis in this one and my opponent Tran is Allied,I have decided to take the extra troops while my opponent decided against the extend maginot line option.
My first turns were used to prepare for the invasion of Poland i sent 2 Infantry Corps by sea transport to East Prussia while my Panzer and Motorised forces will spearhead the invasion from the western borders supported by infantry,Below is the map of the first weeks action the Poles despite being pounded by the Luftwaffe held up well but suffered heavy losses so week 2 should be a little easier for the Whermacht.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/16/2011 9:40:52 PM   
sapper32

A much better turn for the Axis this time the losses the Poles suffered last turn enabled me to destroy and overun many Polish infantry corps and reach the outskirts of Warsaw, although i still had some turn left my hard marching 3rd army could not attack Warsaw and my 1st Pzr Army needs to refuel before the assault begins so the Poles survive another week.
France and Great Britain have declared war on Germany i will deal with them later although i am already railing troops west from Poland as the campain there is almost complete.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 2
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/17/2011 4:52:06 PM   
sapper32

Turn 6 Warsaw falls the campain for Poland ends and German units prepare to move west.The French army has being quiet so im not expecting any cross border raids and will rest and refit my army before my next campain starts.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 3
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/17/2011 8:40:36 PM   
sapper32

We move on to turn 37,The end of 1939 saw Norway invaded and captured by the Germans while the Soviet Union attacked Finland but made little headway.Winter struck then stopping all operations until spring,My Germans are camped on the Dutch/Belgian border.
The Belgians have allowed French & British troops to enter there country but they shall be dealt with,Im using the TO attack the Low countries so will have a shock bonus for two turns starting next turn.Here is a map of the starting positions.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 4
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/18/2011 8:12:34 PM   
sapper32

Turn 38 The invasion of the Low countries has started,Army group B will capture Holland and its cities then swing into Belgium and attack Brussels from the North while Army group A will engage and destroy as much of the British and French armies in Belgium as possible and capture Namur and Brussels forcing the Belgians to surrender.
Below is week one of the attack

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 5
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/18/2011 9:33:44 PM   
sapper32

Turn 39 March 24/1940 The invasion continues with German forces capturing Brussels and Amsterdam forcing the surrender of both the Netherlands and Belgium,Also significant damage has been inflicted upon the French army this should make the second phase of the assault on the west Fall Gelb much easier.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by sapper32 -- 8/18/2011 9:36:55 PM >

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 6
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/18/2011 10:25:47 PM   
sapper32

Turn 41 The campain for the low countries is over and the German army is resting ready for the battle for France as soon as my units are back in the green i will activate the TO Fall Gelb which will give me three turns of shock bonus.Meanwhile the Soviets are trying there luck with another attack on Finland.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 7
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/19/2011 5:53:24 PM   
ogar

Thanks for starting this AAR. I'm glad to see your reporting again, always liked your choice of images and summaries.

Did you guys really do 40+ turns of EA in a couple of weeks ?

Please keep up the AAR (if not that killer pace of turns).

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 8
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/19/2011 10:58:15 PM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: ogar

Thanks for starting this AAR. I'm glad to see your reporting again, always liked your choice of images and summaries.

Did you guys really do 40+ turns of EA in a couple of weeks ?

Please keep up the AAR (if not that killer pace of turns).

Yes we did the turns in a few weeks they are generaly quite fast in the early turns,Thanks for reading they will keep coming.

Ian

(in reply to ogar)
Post #: 9
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/20/2011 7:09:30 PM   
sapper32

Turn 42 My army still rests and refits ready to invade France who have made a probe across the rhine river towards Stuttgart,Forces of Army group C quickly block the advance.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 10
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/20/2011 7:14:15 PM   
sapper32

Turn 43 Italy has joined the Axis and Mussolini orders the Italian army to cross the French border and advance into the riviera and alps.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 11
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/20/2011 7:22:58 PM   
sapper32

Turn 43 Western desert.

Mussolini has ordered the 10th Army to advance into Eygpt and kick the British out of the Med,The British Med fleet and a carrier group was spotted in the eastern med and engaged by the Italian navy and airforce operating from Libya,one carrier was sunk aswell as several heavy ships the Royal navy better beware i intend to drive it out of the med.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 12
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/20/2011 8:39:25 PM   
sapper32

Turn 44 The battle for France has started i activated the TO Fall Gelb the blitzkreig on France giving me three turns of shock bonus with the weakened state of the French army after the Belgian campain i hope to capture Paris before those three turns are up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 13
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/20/2011 9:12:34 PM   
sapper32

Turn 45 The attack continues with the French army getting pounded and destroyed,early resistance this turn has ceased and the Germans roll on to the outskirts of Paris,The BEF is nowhere to be seen and must have withdrawn smart move they are going to need all there units to defend there shores?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 14
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/21/2011 9:43:36 AM   
sapper32

Turn 46 Paris is attacked and captured this turn the French army put up a desperate defense outside Paris but 8 Infantry corps were destroyed leaving Paris open to attack from four sides.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 15
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 8/21/2011 9:50:58 AM   
sapper32

Turn 47 France surrenders and Vichy France is formed although none of the units are active until the Allies attack them,My plans for now are to rest and refit my forces in the west and continue the campain in the western desert and plan attacks on some of the Med islands as there are extra DAK troops available for there capture also plans are being drawn up for an attack on the United Kingdom before the summer is out,Shown below are my infantry losses so far.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 16
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/18/2011 9:07:21 PM   
sapper32

Turn 50 the Italians and there German allies have driven deep into Eygpt but have run out of supplies and will be forced to halt and recover rediness before an assault on the nile delta can begin.
Operation are being planned to capture key Med ports and also operations against Yugoslavia and Greece are to go ahead in the near future.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 17
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/24/2011 10:03:05 PM   
sapper32

Turn 58

After the fall of France Germany turns its attention to the Balkans and along with its Axis partners Italy,Rumania and Hungary invades Yugoslavia,Week one of the attack goes to plan as progress is made towards Belgrade.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 18
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/24/2011 10:17:50 PM   
sapper32

Turn 60

The invasion of Yugoslavia continues as the Axis close on Belgrade this campain will be over within the next week.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 19
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/24/2011 10:25:27 PM   
sapper32

Turn 60 North Africa

The Axis are on the advance and capture El Alamein although there supply situation is dire to say the least.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 20
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/24/2011 10:36:32 PM   
sapper32

Turn 63

The Yugoslavs have surrendered and the Axis southern forces plan there invasion of Greece,The DAK and the Italian 10th Army have stopped there advance to recover and build up supplies.
The long awaited invasion of the British Isles has begun after a succesfull initial landing the attack on London has begun i appear to have caugh them by suprise as London is lightly defended but i dont think for a minute that will last.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 21
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/26/2011 8:34:27 PM   
1_Lzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32
Turn 63
The long awaited invasion of the British Isles has begun after a succesfull initial landing the attack on London has begun i appear to have caugh them by suprise as London is lightly defended but i dont think for a minute that will last.

Probably light defense due to UK surrendering after 'BIRMINGHAM' falls, eh? Tho there seems to be reason to believe that you've really caught them with their drawers down, Ian!

"Surrender
The United Kingdom surrenders following the loss of Birmingham, and small, weak Pro-Axis forces will be deployed in the UK. About a year after the surrender, regular German coastal defenses and naval guns will have been built in most of the ports."

62,44 (London)
This will cause a 20% drop in Allied replacements for about eighteen months

62,39 (Birmingham)(5) Allied loss
Loss of this hex leads to the surrender of the United Kingdom, after a 1-4 turn delay. Some guerillas, land, air and naval units will fight on (‘We shall never surrender’ - Churchill)

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 22
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/26/2011 9:59:43 PM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1_Lzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper32
Turn 63

Probably light defense due to UK surrendering after 'BIRMINGHAM' falls, eh? Tho there seems to be reason to believe that you've really caught them with their drawers down, Ian!

"Surrender
The United Kingdom surrenders following the loss of Birmingham, and small, weak Pro-Axis forces will be deployed in the UK. About a year after the surrender, regular German coastal defenses and naval guns will have been built in most of the ports."

62,44 (London)
This will cause a 20% drop in Allied replacements for about eighteen months

62,39 (Birmingham)(5) Allied loss
Loss of this hex leads to the surrender of the United Kingdom, after a 1-4 turn delay. Some guerillas, land, air and naval units will fight on (‘We shall never surrender’ - Churchill)

No surrender just yet my opponent seemed to think defending the north of England was a priority hence the reason London is lightly defended ive spoken to my opponent as i wondered if they where all sent to North Africa but they are in the UK just in the wrong place

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 23
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 9/28/2011 12:36:21 PM   
Ronster

I have been folowing the AAR here. Keep on posting and if you could with the turn number could you put the date in so I could get an idea of the time frame. I am playing the same game solo until I get used to ToawIII again after several absent years. Europe Aflame is a cool game.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 24
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 10/4/2011 10:34:35 PM   
sapper32

Turn 63 September 15th 1940

Ive sent another Infantry corps to England as the assault on London continues,I need to capture the city as its a supply point for my forces who are out of supply untill it is captured

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ronster)
Post #: 25
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 10/11/2011 8:33:46 PM   
sapper32

Turn 65 September 1940

London falls to the Germans after desperate fighting giving the Germans the vital supply hex that they need more and more German Infantry units will be sent over to finnish of the British,The USA has joined the war on thew side off the Allies.
In North Africa the Italian 10th Army and the DAK are resting at El Alamein before they attempt to capture Alexandria and Cairo

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 26
RE: Europe Aflame PBEM Axis - 12/31/2011 5:13:45 PM   
sapper32

Hey Guys sorry for the delay in posting on this AAR have just been so busy but the AAR will resume in the new year with the British clinging on in the UK the Axis stalled at El Alamein and the Soviet Union declaring war on the Axis (good move by my opponent as this stops my Axis getting the barbarossa shock bonus 1941 should be an interesting year i need to finnish off the Brits and turn on the east with a vengence,not sure how the desert campain will plan out as this is now a sideshow.

Ian

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> Europe Aflame PBEM Axis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI