Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory and Prestige

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Victory and Prestige Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory and Prestige - 8/14/2011 10:50:09 AM   
tomar

Is there any way to check victory conditions when in a scenario (not at the start of the turn)

How does prestige gain actually work ?
I've been playing the Ardennes scenario in MP as the allies.... In one game I suddenly got some 5000 points, then 4000 more.... In another game, I got none of that...
generally it would be nice to know how much prestige you can expect to gain during a given turn (assuming no cities are taken/lost)
Post #: 1
RE: Victory and Prestige - 8/14/2011 11:42:35 AM   
ccsdc83

Well I think the Ardennes gives the Allies a lot of prestige to simulate the aid that started to come to them once their high command realized it was more than just a counterattack. Not sure how it works in the game as a whole though, but I am sure a dev will chime in.

(in reply to tomar)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory and Prestige - 8/14/2011 12:34:22 PM   
El Condoro

There are a number of ways to get prestige in a scenario:
  1. Capture a flag = 50 points
  2. Capture a Primary Victory Hex (gold border) = 100 points
  3. Scenario per turn prestige = depends on the scenario but it will be constant per turn (e.g. 20 per turn)
  4. Scenario event triggered = depends on the scenario but should be included in the victory conditions at the start of each turn.

So you can see getting a turn-by-turn breakdown of prestige can be a bit tricky. There has been a request to make victory conditions available during a turn but it has not been implemented yet.

(in reply to ccsdc83)
Post #: 3
RE: Victory and Prestige - 8/14/2011 3:41:09 PM   
Razz

Ardeness is not a multi-player map, hence no advice.

Not balanced map. Do not waste your time on single player maps with another player.

< Message edited by Razz -- 8/14/2011 3:42:01 PM >

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 4
RE: Victory and Prestige - 8/15/2011 1:06:46 AM   
soldier1

I actually quite enjoy playing the single player maps in MP... Very tough to win and sometimes get flogged but not a waste of time. I like having a historical context in my battles which is something the fantasy MP scenarios don't have and don't forget you can always give the disadvantaged side a handicap which might help even things up.
I've even managed to win some of them.

< Message edited by soldier1 -- 8/15/2011 1:08:08 AM >

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 5
RE: Victory and Prestige - 8/15/2011 6:38:55 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

Ardeness is not a multi-player map, hence no advice.

Not balanced map. Do not waste your time on single player maps with another player.

But the situations in the balanced multiplayer maps are "cheesy": US vs. UK, Allies vs. USSR.
Not much WW2 content. These scenarios don't catch my attention.

< Message edited by jomni -- 8/15/2011 6:39:45 AM >

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Victory and Prestige Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI