Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wonkey Airborne Drop Capabilities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Wonkey Airborne Drop Capabilities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wonkey Airborne Drop Capabilities - 8/10/2011 3:46:20 PM   
marty_01

Firstly: I do know all the proper key strokes to get para-drops to work as I have done it numerous times as both the Axis and Soviets sides. However, the ability to para-drop airborne units seems extremely wonkey\random as sometimes it works and sometimes the game engine just doesn’t seem to want to let a guy drop paratroops even when all the conditions required to conduct a drop are being met.

Example I have been fiddeling around with for the last half hour: The 1st Soviet Para-Brigade stacked in a hex at the beginning of the turn with two Soviet air units. The 1st Para-brigade is in Ready Status – good morale (54 -- it's 1941) -- good TO&E (100%) and in-supply -- it has yet to have been in any combat -- i.e. it's the original 1st Para Brigade not a rebuilt version. The Soviet air units it's stacked with have 43 Operational Li-2s and 4 operational TB3-G2s -- although to be frank I have yet to see the game actually use the TB3-G2s as airborne unit transports even though they seem to meet the requirements for lift capability. I can’t get the game to let me do a para-drop with this combo. And it has nothing to do with the range from the airbases to the proposed drop hex as its relatively close -- only 11-hexes.

Unfortunately the above isn’t an isolated occurance. The game seems to routinely and randomly decide “you can’t drop paras today”. Moreover, on one turn the above combo works perfectly fine and the game lets me do a para drop. The next turn the game seems to randomly decide that a similar combo of airborne unit and transport aircraft can’t do a para drop.

I Would be more than happy to post screens and the game file if anyone is interested in explaining or trying to figure out the inconsistency in para-drop game mechanics.

< Message edited by marty_01 -- 8/10/2011 3:48:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Wonkey Airborne Drop Capabilities - 8/11/2011 3:51:55 AM   
larryfulkerson

I echo everything you said.  I've seen it too.

(in reply to marty_01)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Wonkey Airborne Drop Capabilities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI