Converting TLD fpools.txt to LSA

Post new mods and scenarios here.
TAIL_GUNNER

Converting TLD fpools.txt to LSA

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

I think I got this right, but just to be sure...

Say in TLD fpools.txt you have a Command Infantry with a quantity of 2..

To get this number in LSA (going by Line Difficulty default) you divide by .335, so 2 / .335 = about 6 therefore the quantity should be "6" in LSA....right?

In TLD, are the force pool lines for the later days added to the existing in-game force pool totals?
AKA "Juggalo"
xe5

RE: Converting TLD fpools.txt to LSA

Post by xe5 »

Those values are multipliers, as are the Infantry and Armor multiplier values (under each BG's team class#/quantity line). Triarius' Excel tool may be helpful when doing the FPs.

The FP lines in TLD for later days are not added to the existing FP totals. Those lines are used as the starting FP total if that BG enters the game on that date.
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Those values are multipliers, as are the Infantry and Armor multiplier values (under each BG's team class#/quantity line). Triarius' Excel tool may be helpful when doing the FPs.

Yeah, I get that they are multipliers. I'm trying to find out how to transfer the quantities of the various teams into LSA numbers.
Looking at the highly inflated LSA force pool numbers, it seems my formula will work.
I looked at Triarius' Excel tool...unfortunately it is only for stock force pools.
The FP lines in TLD for later days are not added to the existing FP totals. Those lines are used as the starting FP total if that BG enters the game on that date.

So a BG in TLD could never receive reinforcement or differing types of equipment during a campaign? (say starting on June 6)

If that is the case then the way it's handled in LSA is a gigantic improvement!

Thanks for the insight xe5.
AKA "Juggalo"
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Indeed you are right...did a quick test with the 501/101st vs WN5 covering a full day and a half...

The force pool quantities for June 6 stayed the same on June 7...however 2 M5A1 were added on June 7..

The LSA version of force pool allocations is vastly superior.

Thanks again.
AKA "Juggalo"
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

The forcepools for TLD/WAR provide the starting quantities for a given date and CAN be used to adjust daily unit quantities automatically (campaign.txt sets if daily quantities should match the fpool like CC4 or if on unit type changes units are automatically added and removed) or be added as reinforcements if the reinforcement button is used (Bgroups.txt sets if the forcepool is shared and if a BG can be reinforced and if so how many times).
TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Damn you Tejszd...just when I thought I had it all figured out..[:D]

so in stock TLD "match the fpools like CC4" is OFF, and reinforcements are also OFF

It appears then that there is no way to alter the number of teams in a units force pool....only if there is a unit change..

Example: 501/101st AB gets 2 Coy HQ teams on June 6....there is no way to increase this number in the stock campaign.

It appears in LSA you can do this...looking at 327 GIR / 101st which shows teams that are already in the force pool being reinforced on turn 15.....nice!

Now I need a drink...
AKA "Juggalo"
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Yes, both those options are off. But on a unit type change is on;

TLD Campaign.txt
# Auto-add/remove teams to/from FPs on team type change? (0 = NO, 1 = YES)

Thus you could use an unused fpool column and on a certain date add additional Coy HQ teams which is a type change so they are automatically added.

Yes, LSA has better options for managing the fpool. You can add a specific quantity of units as of a certain date and if desired that addition can be tied to the BG being in supply or not (and if not should the units be added when the BG gets back in supply).

TAIL_GUNNER

Post by TAIL_GUNNER »

Now all is clear..

Thanks for the help!
AKA "Juggalo"

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”