Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating new division or corp.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Creating new division or corp. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating new division or corp. - 8/6/2011 8:11:26 PM   
jmkile

I have just returned to this game after 2yrs+ away; and can't find a post concering my frustration. And it came in 1st senario I chose to begin again. It's the 1805 one, playing Fr.There's a free general(Delori??) down near Austria border and some infantry & caverly. I move them all into same providence, but can't attach anything.Manuel, says r-click for attachment thing, but to no avail. I think I need to create a division or corp(delori is 2 star). But I can't find out how to crate a new corp or army?? Can someone help??? Please.

Thanks,

JMKile
Post #: 1
RE: Creating new division or corp. - 8/6/2011 11:01:59 PM   
jmkile

I also have to ask are you(me, player,human) limit to a certain number of corps???; I sorta found out my above answer, but it seem like corp formations are very limited AND more expensive than army ones?? doesn't make sense!!! Why? I mean

Also, can someone explain the total number of unit an army can have?? Manual & tutorial says eight!! Does that mean an army can have 8 corps or what?? Also an army requires a 3 star general, right??? Corps, can have 1 or 2 star???

Marshall Ney

(in reply to jmkile)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating new division or corp. - 8/8/2011 3:16:18 PM   
evwalt

No limit to number of corps (but each costs in maintenance).

I believe corps are more expensive than armies because corps were really created during this period.  Their costs probably also represent the additional staffs required to coordinate these formations with each other.

To create a new corps or army, you need to build in a conquered province with the necessary number of barracks.  If you look in a province and see that corps/army is listed on the build list but can't be selected, you lack resources.

More later.....

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to jmkile)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating new division or corp. - 8/8/2011 5:06:37 PM   
evwalt

For generals:

A 4 star provides his benefits to every unit in a container (corps/army) in the same province.

A 3 star provides his benefit to every unit in the army in commands.  If a 3 star is in a corps, he acts as a 2 star.  If there is more than one 3-star in an army and one is not in a corps (ie. both could be army commanders), one is randomly chosen to be the army leader, the other acts as a 1 star.

A 2 star provides his benefit to every unit in his corps.  If there are 2 in a corps, one is chosen to act as the corps commander, the other acts as a 1-star.  A 2-star in an army (ie. not in a corps) acts as a 1-star (ie. he can't command an army).

A 1 star provides his benefit to one random division in the container he is in.

No containers are REQUIRED to have a leader.

As far as total units in armies/corps.  Armies can hold 8 units and a total of 18 divisions.  A corps counts as a unit.  Thus, an army could contain 8 divisions or 7 divisions + 1 corps (which can contain 6 divisions itself) for a total of 13 divisions, etc.  Thus, corps allow an army to carry it max. divisions.  Note, French corps and armies can hold slightly more.

To move units together (ie. generals, divisions, etc.) you click on the unit then move mouse over unit you want to place it in.  An arrow should appear.  Hit the button and it is in.  Note, if joining divisions to corps within an army, you join it to the army first.  You then go into the army (hit with mouse button) find the division (which is in the army, but not yet the corps), select it and join it to the corps.

< Message edited by evwalt -- 8/8/2011 5:08:15 PM >

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating new division or corp. - 8/9/2011 3:19:23 PM   
jmkile

Thanks for feed back; I found some these answers about buying, etc. by re-playing videos & manuals; but the army max. was not so clear.

thanks again.

Marshall Ney

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Creating new division or corp. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI