Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Two Wargamers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Two Wargamers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Two Wa... - 8/3/2011 2:51:57 PM   
SeanD

Matrix Games and Slitherine mourn the passing of two wargamers in our community: Darren Buckley of AGSI and Ian Trout of SSG. Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the family and friends of both men.

Ian Trout (1949-2011), President and co-founder of SSG, passed away today after losing his battle with cancer. Ian was the designer of most of SSG's games and his untimely death represents a huge loss to SSG and the games industry.

Darren Buckley (1966-2011), the long standing pillar in the Harpoon community, has also passed away at 44 years of age. Darren is best known for his work on HUD3, the larger of the two official databases. While the details of his passing are not clear, his contributions are.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/3/2011 6:02:36 PM   
WallysWorld

A very big loss to the wargaming genre. And both far too young to leave us. My sympathies to the families.

Thanks for letting us know of this news, Sean.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/3/2011 9:45:28 PM   
vonRocko

That is sad. A loss for all of us.

(in reply to WallysWorld)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/4/2011 12:20:44 AM   
Vasquez

What a loss. My condolences to his familiy and friends.

KP, BiN, BiI, HttR, TOAWIII, Campaign Series, GoA, AGEOD:ACW, CC:TLD,CC:WaR, Advanced Tactics, FoF, CoG:EE,
GG:WAW, GG:WbtS, GG:EDtBtR, GG:WitE, WitP:AE, GB:M, PzCorps, Scourge of War Series, AP:OS, C:TGW

http://7idGaming.de

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/4/2011 12:29:13 AM   
Tallyman662

Condolences and a great loss to our community. I played many a game of Harpoon as well as many SSG titles.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/4/2011 1:32:26 AM   
sabre1

My prayers to their family and friends.

(in reply to Tallyman662)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/4/2011 4:09:59 AM   
Mario Vallée

Very sad day for all wargamer

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/4/2011 4:54:43 AM   
sabre1

First SSG game I owned was the first Reach for the Stars, and I was hooked on SSG after that.

(in reply to Mario Vallée)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/5/2011 10:07:18 AM   
Lord Zimoa

From all here at The Lordz Games Studio, our condolences to all family and friends.

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/5/2011 2:49:42 PM   
Ronald Wendt

Thats really sad news. My condolences to all who loved them.

Ronald Wendt
Phobetor website
Phobetor on Facebook

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/8/2011 7:27:01 PM   
sprior

Rest in peace guys.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/8/2011 8:38:43 PM   
doomtrader

We will miss them.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/17/2011 9:36:14 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/18/2011 3:53:46 AM   
peeer

it is no good!!!
i will miss them in a long time
cheap polo shirt
Men's Ralph Lauren Shorts
Women's RL Polo Shirts

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Tw... - 8/18/2011 4:06:38 AM   
Rick

Sad news indeed. They will be missed. My thoughts go out to their family and loved ones.

Rick

(in reply to peeer)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Matrix Games and Slitherine Mourn the Passing of Two Wargamers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI