Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Captured weapons used by Germany

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Captured weapons used by Germany Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/1/2011 2:11:22 PM   
dsawan

Hi, was wondering if captured equip could be added in future updates for the Germman side. i know Russian equip like BT-5-7's, t-34 tanks and arty were transferred to Normandy and N. African units from Russian front. Same with captured french tanks and US equip. Just a thought. captured sherman tanks would be interesting also.
Post #: 1
RE: Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/1/2011 3:02:45 PM   
Dragoon

I would like to see a Wurfrahmen mountet on a captured M3 US-Halftrack. Just for the fun of it. :)
http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/us/M3_halftrack/wurframen.htm

But check out here for many more ideas.
http://beute.narod.ru/index.htm

(in reply to dsawan)
Post #: 2
RE: Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/2/2011 1:31:06 AM   
Lukas

Perhaps it could work as some sort of bonus units, that can not be repaired. After all it wouldn't make sense to keep captured french tank units up to strength throughout the war - they'd run out eventually.

(in reply to Dragoon)
Post #: 3
RE: Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/2/2011 5:56:09 AM   
dsawan

I was thinking a capture icon could be added to the panel on the right hand side of screen. This could be given to infantry units only like engineers or grenadiers etc. When they are enar the unit they can attempt to capture rather than kill. Although, this would depend on criteria such as strength and other factors. Just a thought.

(in reply to Lukas)
Post #: 4
RE: Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/2/2011 6:15:58 AM   
rezaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lukas

Perhaps it could work as some sort of bonus units, that can not be repaired. After all it wouldn't make sense to keep captured french tank units up to strength throughout the war - they'd run out eventually.

IIRC, PG4, which had captured units, didn't place such restriction, and it's unneccessary, because it makes the units useless right on the spot.
Repairing them can be explained away by requesting other units of the same line captured elsewhere on the front.
Chances are, before long, the unit will have to be replaced by a more modern one anyway.

At the very least, the game options should be expanded to allow scenario designers to hand out any unit as a reward and to possibly determine the maximum amount of those units the game will allow - like the three elite units limit, that is hardcoded as of now, isn't it?
Shouldn't be too hard to code.

Btw., anyone knows what happened to Rudankort? He's been strangely quite for a week or so now...

______
rezaf

(in reply to Lukas)
Post #: 5
RE: Captured weapons used by Germany - 8/2/2011 4:39:49 PM   
Rood

quote:

ORIGINAL: rezaf
[...]Btw., anyone knows what happened to Rudankort? He's been strangely quite for a week or so now...

Vacation? He (and many others) must have been slaving for the past year (probably longer) to get this game done.
He deserves some rest I guess, before he starts working 100 hour per week again to get the expansion done

(in reply to rezaf)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Captured weapons used by Germany Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI