Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Unit Icon Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Air Unit Icon Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 2:40:41 AM   
RocketMan

This mod has been included as part of my Combined Unit Icon Mod. This sub mod will no longer be supported.

I made a mod to the air unit icons that adds the make, model and type of the aircraft to the icons. These are the icons that appear when you hover your mouse over a unit. This mod compliments my Ground Unit Icon Mod.

There were a ton of problems with the stock aircraft icons like two engine silhouettes for single engine aircraft, silhouettes facing the wrong way and different silhouettes for the same models of aircraft. I have fixed most of those issues with this mod, but could have missed a few.

The icons now show the make and model of each aircraft, as well as the type of aircraft in black as shown below:

F = Fighter
FB = Fighter Bomber
NF = Night Fighter
TB = Tactical Bomber
LB = Level Bomber
R = Recon
JF = Jet Fighter
T = Transport

A sample of what this mod looks like is shown below. The actual mod is in the next post as an attachment as the Matrix forum only allows you to attach one file to each post.

The attachment in this post is the above picture, not the modded icon files! The mod is the attachment in the next post!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 8/7/2011 3:17:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 2:40:53 AM   
RocketMan

The mod is attached at the bottom of this post. To use the mod, first back up all the files that start with an A (e.g. A02419.tga) in the Dat\Art\Units folder, then copy the files in the zip file to that folder. Note that you are not required to copy the WitE Air Unit Icon Mod Preview Picture.jpg or the WitE Air Unit Icon Mod Readme.txt files.

I noticed an error to this mod. I left out two icons (Ar 234B and C-47) and one had the text on the wrong side of the icon (A0344.tga). See this post below (Post #8) for the updated files. For the complete mod, you need the file in this post and the one in the post linked in this post.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 8/7/2011 3:25:24 AM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 5:37:34 AM   
CarnageINC

Nice job , this should help a lot of people with a quick glance on what they have.  Thanks 

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 5:30:56 PM   
bcgames

Excellent! Thanks!

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 8:21:27 PM   
Rasputitsa

Thanks, more nice work.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/1/2011 10:54:33 PM   
parusski

I like this mod.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/2/2011 6:20:02 AM   
cpt flam

nice work man
using it with your unit mod
thank a lot !!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Unit Icon Mod - 8/7/2011 3:16:30 AM   
RocketMan

I noticed an error to this mod. I left out two icons (Ar 234B and C-47) and one had the text on the wrong side of the icon (A0344.tga). Attached to this post is the updated files to fix this error. An complete update to this mod will not be made, as it has been included as part of my Combined Unit Icon Mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Air Unit Icon Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI