Air Unit Icon Mod

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

RocketMan

Air Unit Icon Mod

Post by RocketMan »

This mod has been included as part of my Combined Unit Icon Mod. This sub mod will no longer be supported.

I made a mod to the air unit icons that adds the make, model and type of the aircraft to the icons. These are the icons that appear when you hover your mouse over a unit. This mod compliments my Ground Unit Icon Mod.

There were a ton of problems with the stock aircraft icons like two engine silhouettes for single engine aircraft, silhouettes facing the wrong way and different silhouettes for the same models of aircraft. I have fixed most of those issues with this mod, but could have missed a few.

The icons now show the make and model of each aircraft, as well as the type of aircraft in black as shown below:

F = Fighter
FB = Fighter Bomber
NF = Night Fighter
TB = Tactical Bomber
LB = Level Bomber
R = Recon
JF = Jet Fighter
T = Transport

A sample of what this mod looks like is shown below. The actual mod is in the next post as an attachment as the Matrix forum only allows you to attach one file to each post.

The attachment in this post is the above picture, not the modded icon files! The mod is the attachment in the next post!
Attachments
WitEAirU..Picture.jpg
WitEAirU..Picture.jpg (87.1 KiB) Viewed 554 times
RocketMan

RE: Air Unit Icon Mod

Post by RocketMan »

The mod is attached at the bottom of this post. To use the mod, first back up all the files that start with an A (e.g. A02419.tga) in the Dat\Art\Units folder, then copy the files in the zip file to that folder. Note that you are not required to copy the WitE Air Unit Icon Mod Preview Picture.jpg or the WitE Air Unit Icon Mod Readme.txt files.

I noticed an error to this mod. I left out two icons (Ar 234B and C-47) and one had the text on the wrong side of the icon (A0344.tga). See this post below (Post #8) for the updated files. For the complete mod, you need the file in this post and the one in the post linked in this post.
Attachments
WitE Air U..od V1_00.zip
(288.25 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

Nice job [;)], this should help a lot of people with a quick glance on what they have.  Thanks [8D]
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Excellent! Thanks!
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thanks, more nice work. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
parusski

Post by parusski »

I like this mod.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
cpt flam

Post by cpt flam »

nice work man
using it with your unit mod
thank a lot !!!
RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

I noticed an error to this mod. I left out two icons (Ar 234B and C-47) and one had the text on the wrong side of the icon (A0344.tga). Attached to this post is the updated files to fix this error. An complete update to this mod will not be made, as it has been included as part of my Combined Unit Icon Mod.
Attachments
WitEAirU..teV1_01.zip
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”