Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(CLOSED) GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> (CLOSED) GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(CLOSED) GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted - 7/29/2011 5:59:58 PM   
Deerslayer

E-Mail based, non random weather. Looking for a reliable player please. I am on holiday Aug 13 - Aug 20. Other than that my turn rate will be steady.

< Message edited by Deerslayer -- 7/31/2011 12:58:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted - 7/30/2011 12:23:19 AM   
dasboot

Hi Deerslayer. I have never played this game. I have read and get most of the .pdf. I am a veteran wargamer of almost 50 years now. I have access to a teamspeak channel where a live consultation would probably prove the key; a quick talk-through of the actual interface is what I'm asking. I'll try to limit stupid questions after that, and the game will only let me do what I can do. I will play steadily. I have played OPART III, some interface seems familiar. I believe my learning curve will provide you a fair shot at winning, but the history is there for your doom. By steady I mean when its my turn, I play. I have played strategic War in the Pacific, Europe etc games on garage floors and computers; battalion level Ardennes, etc. Lets go. My name is Chuck. I live in FL, so we wont get a time zone bonus, but there may be some bonus to that given real life issues. Your call.

(in reply to Deerslayer)
Post #: 2
RE: GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted - 7/30/2011 12:10:23 PM   
Deerslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: dasboot

Hi Deerslayer. I have never played this game. I have read and get most of the .pdf. I am a veteran wargamer of almost 50 years now. I have access to a teamspeak channel where a live consultation would probably prove the key; a quick talk-through of the actual interface is what I'm asking. I'll try to limit stupid questions after that, and the game will only let me do what I can do. I will play steadily. I have played OPART III, some interface seems familiar. I believe my learning curve will provide you a fair shot at winning, but the history is there for your doom. By steady I mean when its my turn, I play. I have played strategic War in the Pacific, Europe etc games on garage floors and computers; battalion level Ardennes, etc. Lets go. My name is Chuck. I live in FL, so we wont get a time zone bonus, but there may be some bonus to that given real life issues. Your call.

Hello Chuck - I'm glad to play you but I don't really want to spend my limited gaming time bring you up to speed on the game. The AI is better for that. This is not a simple game to learn i would say as well. Maybe an AI game is better for you first versus PBEM?

(in reply to dasboot)
Post #: 3
RE: GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted - 7/31/2011 1:47:40 AM   
miller41

Hey deerslayer, are you the same deerslayer who is in Band of Brothers game club? If so then I have been beaten by you in Combat mission several times and i am sure i can take a whipping in this game as well. I am playing 2 games now, one german (in December 41)  and one Russian (October 43), and I feel I can give you a better game as the Russians. Up to you though, i can do a turn a day normally, and more on weekends.

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to Deerslayer)
Post #: 4
RE: GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted - 7/31/2011 12:58:54 PM   
Deerslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller41

Hey deerslayer, are you the same deerslayer who is in Band of Brothers game club? If so then I have been beaten by you in Combat mission several times and i am sure i can take a whipping in this game as well. I am playing 2 games now, one german (in December 41)  and one Russian (October 43), and I feel I can give you a better game as the Russians. Up to you though, i can do a turn a day normally, and more on weekends.

Hey old firiend. I'll send you a PM. Game on.

(in reply to miller41)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> (CLOSED) GC42 Soviet Opponent Wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI