Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/26/2011 5:57:54 PM   
uberknight72

One thing I found out to be an aggravating and at some level distracting due to the unrealisticness of it is that if i have around 20 destroyers sitting at a planet I have to select all of them, move them away from the planet just so I can select on the damn thing. Small moon planets are even worse for this and trying to select anything that isnt a gas giant or a sun is very difficult if there is alot of ships at the planet. I want to know if it is possible to increase the scale of everything maybe by tens-fold?

The current sizes are just so small and It would be so much more realistic looking and not to mention easier and more cool looking to have a much larger everything besides the ships and bases themselves. Which would also mean the maximum size of a system would need to be increased tens-fold too. I want to know if this would be possible to do and if it is how could I do it for I am very much motivated to mod it myself and would post my work up here for anyone else that share's my same opinions. If anyone can do this better than me then by all means do it, Distant Worlds, minus a few minor problems would be a perfect game to me if just this little problem was fixed. I don't understand why it was made that way to begin with.
Post #: 1
RE: Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/26/2011 8:05:08 PM   
Data

I'm no modder but I remember all of us complaining about this and the big ones comenting that it's not possible atm. Guys like Igard or any other would certainly have done it already if it were possible.
That's why we're constantly asking for more mod support.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to uberknight72)
Post #: 2
RE: Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/29/2011 11:49:21 PM   
uberknight72

Aww, that sucks, hopefully all our problems are addressed in their next expansion. I wonder why they don't just give us complete mod support? It would increase this games lifespan significantly.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/30/2011 8:27:46 AM   
Data

The reasone is mainly the one man team that is Elliot. He can't cover all areas at once.....so we need to clone him.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

Post #: 4
RE: Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/30/2011 7:02:41 PM   
uberknight72

So this whole, well built game has been design and scripted by ONE guy? Wow, Kudos for him. Don't bash me for not knowing im brand new to Distant Worlds having just bought it a month ago after running into it when I was searching for a new 4x game to play.

And just VERY recently decided to join the community

< Message edited by uberknight72 -- 7/30/2011 7:03:19 PM >

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
RE: Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? - 7/30/2011 8:12:04 PM   
Data

No bashing intended, just a continous praise to Elliot

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Larger planet and other space bodies scaling possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI