Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrong Flak for TF 56

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Wrong Flak for TF 56 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/24/2011 8:48:02 PM   
shortty

Allied Task Force 56 always shows the wrong flak value. Its always lower than it should be and it changes every time you look at it (try "G" then esc then "G"). Does anyone know if this is just a display problem or is that TF really using the lower value in combat?
Post #: 1
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/25/2011 9:54:36 AM   
bradk

I assumed it was really using the lower number.  Or maybe I confirmed it.  Don't remember.

Confirmation would be to watch execution with detail/delay on high.  It will give the flak amount at the beginning of an air attack.

This problem has been present since the SSI version.  I don't use TF 56 except for BB TFs mid and late game where the rules have a flak limit.

(in reply to shortty)
Post #: 2
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/25/2011 12:28:42 PM   
shortty

Just ran a test at high detail and delay and it does use the wrong value. After all these years playing this I must never have used high/high. Wow, it is S... L... O... W... :-) I think a whole game like that would take longer than the real war!!!!! Almost as long as WITP!

I usually just create TF 56 on the first turn with 1 merchant ship and leave it at Los Angeles for the whole war!!!!!!!

(in reply to bradk)
Post #: 3
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/25/2011 9:24:27 PM   
bradk

You don't even have to put a ship in it.  You can create an empty TF.  Problem with leaving it is that every TF takes prep points.

What I do is at the beginning of a turn create a lot of empty TFs at some base.  Then I delete them individually when I want to create a new TF somewhere else.

If prep points are short, higher numbered TFs pay the price.  So I order it low to high, air combat TFs, surface combat TFs, bombardment TFs, transport TFs, cargo TFs.  And leave spaces so on the next turn if I have TFs that can't be disbanded because they're at sea, I can still get the right order on the new ones.

Example, air combat 50 - 54, surface combat 55 - 58 (excluding 56), bombardment 59 - 60, transport 61 - 70, cargo 71+.

So lets say its 1943.  Might have something like this.

50 air combat
51 air combat
52 air combat

55 surface combat
57 bombardment

61 transport for a landing
62 transport for a landing
63 transport for a landing

71+ various cargo TFs

(in reply to shortty)
Post #: 4
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/27/2011 6:35:19 PM   
shortty

That's about what I do too. Where I do use place holder TFs I put then under low activity HQs like 4th Army and CMF. Those HQs don't have much use for their prep points anyway. As I understand it that means they shouldn't compete for prep points with "active" task forces under 3rd fleet, 5th fleet, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(in reply to bradk)
Post #: 5
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 7/27/2011 6:38:51 PM   
shortty

PS: this would be less of a problem if we could just select the TF number when its created. I've always hated that about the game.

(in reply to shortty)
Post #: 6
RE: Wrong Flak for TF 56 - 9/23/2011 4:07:50 AM   
Van Van

I didn't notice this.All my game,I rondom creat TF for tasks.

(in reply to shortty)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Wrong Flak for TF 56 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI