Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gaming for those waiting for MWiF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Gaming for those waiting for MWiF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 7/22/2011 5:40:31 PM   
micheljq

Time to reopen a thread on the subject.

Anyone tried Gary Gritzby War in the East? Looks huge but cost a lot 80.99$US/download version. Any comment on this game? I also saw someone made a remake of Panzer General - Panzer Corps.

As for me PC games I play now and not all are on WW2 : Still playing Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts RTS, began in 2007. I play the MMO Rift (a concurrent of MMO WoW).

Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815
Post #: 1
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 7/22/2011 6:46:11 PM   
brian brian

Due to the war in Libya this year I have one of my first desires to play something besides WiF over the table in a long time. I have been looking for a local opponent with a copy of AH Afrika Korps. Though I will probably end up digging up SPI's "Desert Fox" out of storage instead, and it's sequel for Torch.

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 2
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 7/22/2011 6:53:46 PM   
bo

Hi Micheljq, most of his games [gary] are well done I was thinking about that game but truthfully I am a little tired of fighting Russians in any game even though I realize that MWIF will have a lot of that in its game unless you might want to play the Guadalcanal Mod all the time. I don't know if you mean to play PBEM or the AI in that game and it is expensive, I don't think you are an advocate of AI playing in any game but I could be wrong. I have all the SC series which are pretty well done, the AI is all right but easily beatable, The Wastelands games TOW,SOP are really well done until they need a patch then you might as well remove the game from your computer for their patches are disasters, don't know much about there new game even though I will not buy it. Bought War in the Pacific and found out real quickly I don't have 2 years to give to wait for one game to be over The new Panzer corps looks just like the old Panzer General [which I did enjoy] with updated graphics. Tired of that look though. My son and many of his friends play combat mission Normandy and even though the AI is excellent according to many players there he prefers net play and PBEM, I am truly enjoying CWIF as a learning tool for MWIF but its tough to play yourself

Bo

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 3
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 7/22/2011 8:27:58 PM   
micheljq

Yeah Bo, I do have War in the Pacific myself, but discouraged at all the complexity of this game, too much for me. Time of Wrath I have, played a couple of campaigns but got disappointed.

Strategic Command i have the first of the series it's a good beer & pretzels.

Michel Desjardins,
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 4
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 7/25/2011 3:47:07 PM   
ItBurns

I recently picked up Panzer Corp.  I don't thinks its as good as the old Panzer General series but its still a fun diversion.

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 5
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/27/2012 6:44:34 PM   
micheljq

Me again, what about Unity of Command, this game is about the eastern front and looks interesting.

Anyone have it and can give feedback about it?

Michel Desjardins,

(in reply to ItBurns)
Post #: 6
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/28/2012 3:40:09 AM   
Extraneous

(sorry there is no smiling off topic. so turn this one frown upside down.) CIV5, Baldurs Gate I, Guild Wars, EQ2 (free account).

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 7
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/28/2012 11:36:14 PM   
HansHafen

I have been playing Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad (a FPS), Panzer Corps, a little Dungeon Defenders, and Gary Grigsbys World at War: A World Divided to pass the time until Nirvanna! :)

Also have been playing some Unity of Command. Fast and Fun.

< Message edited by HansHafen -- 1/31/2012 4:16:21 AM >

(in reply to Extraneous)
Post #: 8
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/29/2012 4:31:29 AM   
composer99

I just indulged in some Castle Ravenloft this very evening with gaming buddies as a way to pass the time.

~ Composer99

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 9
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/29/2012 8:01:02 PM   
bo

Hi guys have not really left here as yet, keeping an eye on things and I try to keep in touch with Red Prince, I flatter him and tell him how wonderful he is and Bangor is the finest city in America, but nothing works he just wont divulge any information about this game like when will it be done or that could be too. I and my grandson are playing world of tanks as is Red Prince, I am trully sorry I introduced him to that game because I want him to work on MWIF every waking moment of his day. Oh well, I am back also playing COD2 and going up against little twerps that can do cartwheels somersaults and god knows what else and then they shoot you between the eyes from 100 yards away. Bought Panzer corp for 19.95 half price sale and it is a good beer and pretzels game. The AI is very well done and according to many too well done Also tried playing Storm over the Pacific again but alas they put another screwed up patch in the game and it is all fouled up again. See nothing negative from me right Steve but if I stop taking my meds, MWIF, Matrix and Steve watch out.

Bo

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 10
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 1/30/2012 4:16:31 PM   
ItBurns

I played Panzer Corps for a while but went pack to Panzer General adlerkorps mods. Also Civ5, Time of Wrath.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 11
RE: Gaming for those waiting for MWiF - 2/1/2012 11:23:47 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: micheljq

Time to reopen a thread on the subject.

Anyone tried Gary Gritzby War in the East? Looks huge but cost a lot 80.99$US/download version. Any comment on this game? I also saw someone made a remake of Panzer General - Panzer Corps.

As for me PC games I play now and not all are on WW2 : Still playing Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts RTS, began in 2007. I play the MMO Rift (a concurrent of MMO WoW).

War in the East is really really good 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to micheljq)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Gaming for those waiting for MWiF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI