Pride Of Nations

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

fmonster

Pride Of Nations

Post by fmonster »

50% off today on Steam. I have enjoyed the game so I thought I'd pass on the sale news to all of you. Good game for a great price considering it just came out at the beginning of June!
Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War
Terminus

RE: Pride Of Nations

Post by Terminus »

I think this sale sends a very disturbing message regarding the longevity of this game, and chances of an official patch.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
fmonster

Post by fmonster »

Yes, and it dropped off the top seller/hot list at Gamersgate rather fast upon release also. What, maybe a week? We can only hope that since this seemed by all accounts to be a long labor of love that there will still be a good chance for it. As always, time will tell...
Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: fmonster
Yes, and it dropped off the top seller/hot list at Gamersgate rather fast upon release also. What, maybe a week? We can only hope that since this seemed by all accounts to be a long labor of love that there will still be a good chance for it. As always, time will tell...

I'm not surprised in that it was one of those niche titles where 90% of likely buyers had long been aware of it and coughed up in the first week, especially as it was cheap to start with. Steam sale subjects mean little.. they've had Terraria at half price a couple times already and that's not been out of the top ten since release, discounted or not. A few 'freaks' like that and Magicka aside, no title outside the huge sellers tends to stick around long.

Good game, what I've seen of it .. I've sort of been diverted onto Supreme Commander: Cold War at the mo.

Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
ORIGINAL: fmonster

I'm not surprised in that it was one of those niche titles where 90% of likely buyers had long been aware of it and coughed up in the first week, especially as it was cheap to start with. Steam sale subjects mean little.. they've had Terraria at half price a couple times already and that's not been out of the top ten since release, discounted or not. A few 'freaks' like that and Magicka aside, no title outside the huge sellers tends to stick around long.

Good game, what I've seen of it .. I've sort of been diverted onto Supreme Commander: Cold War at the mo.

You're playing Supreme Commander right now? How is that? Liking it?
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

Steam... You should be banned for mentioning that awful site.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I think this sale sends a very disturbing message regarding the longevity of this game, and chances of an official patch.

I shouldn't worry about an official patch, the patches Pocus puts out improve the game each time. PI, I don't believe wanted to release the first beta patch, but the strength of the two Phils convictions and their desire to look after their loyal fans appeared to have got the better of the PI QA team. A pity a few of the other developers in the PI stable don't have the same strength of their convictions.
Formerly Goodwood

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I'm still not seeing a non-beta patch...
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Wasn't too hard to find.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21881

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
mgarnett

Post by mgarnett »

Oops.  My mistake, I didn;t see the "non-beta" part.

My apologies.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Garnett
Brisbane Australia
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I'm still not seeing a non-beta patch...
That's because there isn't one yet.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

QED...
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Razz

Steam... You should be banned for mentioning that awful site.

It is awful, but sometimes it's the only way to satisfy your "smaller gaming company" urges without going broke.....I've bought about 20 games on steam that I otherwise might not have gotten because I :never/heard of it, price etc etc etc......

It is what it is.....
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

You're playing Supreme Commander right now? How is that? Liking it?

Sorry,should be Supreme Ruler: Cold War; getting my names confused. S'OK so far, although way too early to make any real judgements particularly as to what is broken, if anything, and what is isn't. The new 'engine', at least visibly, seems much like the 2020 one except for a redesigned UI; and I preferred the last version. I just love Cold War stuff, so I'll put up with a lot though!
ecastlinhutch

Post by ecastlinhutch »

I have to say, I'm finding it hard to resist buying this. From what I'm hearing, it's fun and a great strategy game.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

The only message it sends is that Steam is having a sale.

One could always buy it at Gamersgate, where it is still $19.99.

Which sends a very positive message regarding the longevity of this game, and chances of an offical patch.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Another slant on the issue, perhaps it's Steam struggling not the PON [:D]
Formerly Goodwood

Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

ORIGINAL: BASB

Another slant on the issue, perhaps it's Steam struggling not the PON [:D]

Steam represents a 70% market share of a 4 billion dollar industry.
Sales like this is Valve using it's market share to bludgeon the competition to death. They can throw games on sale and people like me who shop the 4-5 digital distribution sites that are avaliable choose Steam over other sites.
It is an effective strategy that due to their sheer size works for them.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

How sad, I dislike this type of control, I'm afraid I'm from the old corner shop era.
Formerly Goodwood

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Steam represents a 70% market share of a 4 billion dollar industry.
Sales like this is Valve using it's market share to bludgeon the competition to death. They can throw games on sale and people like me who shop the 4-5 digital distribution sites that are avaliable choose Steam over other sites.
It is an effective strategy that due to their sheer size works for them.
Something else to consider is this: I read on the Paradox forums sometime back that due to compatibility, wherever someone buys the base game is where they should buy the expansion packs for it. With that in mind, it looks to me like Steam is getting as many gamers to buy the base game from them so they will have to buy future expansions from Steam.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Return to “General Discussion”