Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ready to buy, but one big question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Ready to buy, but one big question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 6:26:37 PM   
Avalon

Hi all. I never played Panzer General but I did grab the sequel, Panzer General II and absolutely loved it. I've always wished someone would make another PG game and now my wish has been granted! However, I find the $40 asking price a bit steep for a game of this nature. I was hoping for a price around $25 to $30, but I'm a big boy and I can certainly afford $40 for a great game. However, I am concerned about the length of the campaign. From what I've read the campaign is not actually 26 scenarios long. Apparently the length varies depending on how well you finish each scenario.

So my questions are:

1. Is the campaign tree available somewhere so that I can see it before I buy the game?
2. How long is the longest campaign at it's longest? In other words, if I play the longest campaign and don't get decisive victories in every battle, how long can I make it last?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 6:56:16 PM   
Razz

Don't worry there is plenty of replay in the game.

Stop crying! 40 bucks is very reasonable.

You can create maps and add them to the campaign.

Only you can judge how long the campaign is...

(in reply to Avalon)
Post #: 2
RE: Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 7:00:06 PM   
Avalon

Still waiting for an answer. Any attempts to actually answer my questions will be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to Razz)
Post #: 3
RE: Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 7:11:38 PM   
Lord Zimoa

1. You have 6 tutorial scenarios, 26 SP scenarios and 10 MP balanced scenarios. In one of the reviews there are some pictures of the campaign tree, only forgot where! Have a look at the review sticky.

2. A scenario can last between 10-30-45 minutes for the tutorials. The SP from 30- 120 or more I guess. easily around 75-100 playing ours in SP and than you have 5 difficulty levels and 3 bonus if you can win the game in Field Marshal level! So potentially many hundreds? MP as many hours as you like. New content is already created by modders and ourselves, so expect many more SP and MP maps in the future.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 7/16/2011 7:25:05 PM >

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to Avalon)
Post #: 4
RE: Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 7:25:00 PM   
gogol

i ve already spent much more time playing this masterpiece than any other 60$ triple A massmarket s h i t

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 5
RE: Ready to buy, but one big question - 7/16/2011 9:15:13 PM   
Gary Childress

40$ is a steal here at Matrix. Not many new releases come out that cheap. I have my gripes but I certainly don't regret buying the game. It is well worth it. Most important to me right now is the editor. I'm very much looking forward to future patches making it easier to create and play custom campaigns.

Favorites and/or other Great Games from Matrix :

1. War in the Pacific/ Admiral's Edition
2. Panzer Corps
3. Commander: Europe at War
4. John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to gogol)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Ready to buy, but one big question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI